check out this cool car on ebay!.........

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehe, I remember this Milk Truck very well. It was part of that era of showcars like the Druid Princess, StageCoach, Outhouse, etc. All strictly built for show, no go.

I'm surprised the price is still so low, as this is a part of history somewhat. Not a milestone car, but an often displayed, and shown in magazines car.

Don

I love these types of show cars as they have the "cartoon" factor down pat.
I wish I could see it in person as I like seeing how things age over storage time. Looks like the glass or at least the paint is all checked and cracked.
My 69 f-bird was all cracked like that from the many coats of laquor. I zipstipped all the "candy apple aztec gold" yellow which I know will be hard to duplicate. House of kolor has it I think. I wish I could have a motor like that one in "Milk Truck"!:)

I like the cheesy show rod cars from this era. I know they were useless but still neat to look at. This one looks like it's all there and very restorable. If I ever get access to a functioning scanner, I'll post up some pics I took in the 70's of some of these things, such as Carl Casper's Pinball Wizard.

got milk?

it is pretty cool though, did it really have no go Don? Looks like it should be quick.

I can't say specifically about this car not running, but lots of the early show only cars didn't even have pistons in the engines. They would push them into the show. Then the promoters started cracking down and you had to be able to motor in under power.

There was even one of these that was made out of a bed. :p :p :p :D

Don

milk truck

Hehe, I remember this Milk Truck very well. It was part of that era of showcars like the Druid Princess, StageCoach, Outhouse, etc. All strictly built for show, no go.

I'm surprised the price is still so low, as this is a part of history somewhat. Not a milestone car, but an often displayed, and shown in magazines car.

Don

if memory serves me correctly ...dan woods built and owned the milk truck, and along with jim jacobs worked for roth while the druid princess was built . my favorite from dan woods was the ice truck.

I think you are right. Woods sold T bucket kits for a while too, as I remember. His big thing was that coil spring front suspension, where the spring ran across the front of the frame, and some arms worked it. Kind of a strange setup.

BTW, welcome.

Don

Latest posts

Back