Chevy 292 tunning help in Seattle

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fryzlfryd

Anyone in the Seattle area who knows how to tune my Chevy? Its a straight 6 292 with 3 one barrel Rochester's, HEI, and a hot cam. I get it to idle but when I add the throttle it gets confused and chokes. I have tried many many tricks but I just need some one to come over to diagnose the problem. This is my 1st engine build and it is so close. I live on Beacon Hill if any one mobile can come over its by Red Apple.
Thanks, Robert 206-321-8228

Attachments

• 292 and 3 Rochester B's.jpg
    292 and 3 Rochester B's.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 15
On your outboard carbs remove the power valves from them and block off the idle circuit. You only need these on the center carb. Make sure at idle the outboard's throttle plates are completly closed.

Is your thottle progressive or direct. Progessive is better for a 3 carb set on a 6. Outboards should come in just above your cruising rpm range so it can run on one carb at highway speeds unless you like burning up fuel.

Are you running manifold heat? It will never run right if you're not. You need the heat to atomize the incoming fuel.

250 Chevy with Rochester B's
018-4.jpg

Water heated manifold set up.
003-28.jpg

Last edited:
hello in seattle, my neighbor had a 292 with 2 four barrels on it, he had it in a 39 chevy pick up, he was pulling the front wheels off the ground with it and was beating most 350's in town, p-rat...

Latest posts

Back