Chevy clip ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RABSBODYSHOP

I have a chevy clip frontend i need to identify i believe its either a 70s nova or camaro. i dont really see any numbers or tags i need to know so i can rebuild it ... if someone can help i would appreciate it ..i'll post a pic tomorrow thanks

Post some pictures.

The early camaro and Nove clips the frame rails go straight back. Most of the other chevys flair out.

the older ones have the steering gear behind the front wheels - on the later 70's the steering box is up front...other than that i don't know nuthin':rolleyes:

ok here is a couple shots...

Attachments

• clip2.jpg
    clip2.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 40
  • clip1.jpg
    clip1.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 45
  • spindle.jpg
    spindle.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 28
That clip is newer then 1970. It has the mounts in the front for the shock absorbing bumper. I'm not sure what year camaros and nova had that bumper If you find that out it may help you find out what year it is.

Thanks yall i figured it was any where from 75 to 80s more like a 78, 79 model i didnt know if the nova and the camaro was the same that helps a great deal. now i can order the bushings and what not for it! and get this thing going .. again thanks everybody Rick.. and it is disc brakes ! lanechange :D i have alot of options for this front end then

They are correct. I have the same one on the front of my racecar i am changing to a rat. I have a slider bar we used for years thats old school racing stuff. It eliminates the drag link and bumpsteerissues. You can look at steering box mount to see if it was a front steer or rear steer.will shoot you a pick of the sliderbar

They are correct. I have the same one on the front of my racecar i am changing to a rat. I have a slider bar we used for years thats old school racing stuff. It eliminates the drag link and bumpsteerissues. You can look at steering box mount to see if it was a front steer or rear steer.will shoot you a pick of the sliderbar

hey can you send me a pic too please?

Latest posts

Back