Chevy I6

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twisted Minis

Anyone running the later Chevy I6? The 194, 250 and 292?

I've got a 250, and I am wanting to run lake headers and a 2 or 3 carb intake for two barrel carbs, 94s, 97s, etc.

I've only found things like this for the earlier inline motors, and even then they are hard to get the intakes.

I am going to build my own. But I was curious if anyone else would want and intake/header combo. It could be lakes style or a traditional header, or zoomies, whatever, And run 2 or 3 of the 3-bolt two-barrels. I am trying to figure out if it would be worth it to have the pieces laser cut.

Also, same thing goes for the earlier inline motors. I have one available to me that I could use to build the same type of setup.

here is the 194 I just built , it has 3 81`s BobW and DMW56 also have multi carb set ups on their late 6`s

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
If you go to the "Builds" section and find the thread titled, "another Internaional build" you will see the junk I built for my 250 six. My intake manifold is water heated. Don't know if it helps but as long as I was building and it is recommended by some experts, it did it.

Thats a great looking motor 24Dodge. And Bobw I had seen your international. I like what you built for the engine.

Maybe I should make my question more simple though. I basically want to know if there would be interest in a custom intake to run a 2x2 or 3x2 carb setup? Or if most would rather just run single barrels? Also would have either a lakes style header or one similar to what 24 Dodge has. I am thinking of making it all one piece.

I would think there would be alot of heat transfer from the exhaust to the intake if it were built in one pc. , I think that you could find out if there was any interest in your idea by building one and putting it on ebay , the audience there is huge

I would think there would be alot of heat transfer from the exhaust to the intake if it were built in one pc. , I think that you could find out if there was any interest in your idea by building one and putting it on ebay , the audience there is huge

By one piece I meant using a one piece flange, which is why they would come together as one piece. Since I want to build a header and an intake for myself, I might as well just make them together. One flange would eliminate those oval washer things holding two pieces together.

I guess I will give the eBay thing a shot. Doesn't seem like much interest though, so I may just make my own and call it good.

I made a one piece header/intake flange for mine. Used a 1-5/8" hole saw and then gasket matched with a die grinder. Lots of time, no $$$. I think lots of Chevy 6 guys like the aluminum aftermarket intakes as they sure look nice. Tom Langdon at Stovebolt.com makes a great looking cast exhaust manifold that is popular too.

Yeah I like the Langdon cast header. If I where building a 6 powered fendered car I would probably use that. Just not the look I am after for this car.

I started work on my flange today. Made a press forming die for the tube. Will probably have some progress on it next week.

hey Twisted- just found this topic after doing a little inline research. Any progress or pics of your header/intake?

Latest posts

Back