Chevy/Reo?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is gonna be another one of your threads that gets updated often enough that yahoo thinks it`s spam, lol.

Car(Truck?) is looking sweet, keep it up.

ReoMotorMounts005.jpg

Went to the junkyard Friday (spent the whole day there just for fun) and removed this spare tire carrier from a '29 Reo. It will be mounted farther forward. It always amazes me that the nuts and bolts come apart pretty easily on parts this old.

ReoMotorMounts003.jpg

A little better idea of how it is laying out. The front needs to be a couple inches lower. Hood side panels will cover the frame.

It's looking like a rat rod. Whatever that is???:D

CutDownBox002.jpg

Tried three different trunks. This is the one I'll use. I cut about 6" out of its height. The rear tires will be much bigger than what is there now.

Yes, Jammerspeed, I need to get back to French Lake soon for some goodies for this build. Also spotted a '27 Buick frame that intrigued me. Maybe the next build?

FLAP001.jpg

When you get to French Lake, LD13, don't be tempted by this Nova SS. Aridzona car, but expensive.

Yeah I saw that on their website the other day when I was looking up parts for the chevelle and yeah it would be hard but I think I have plenty to do right now LOL plus I amlookin at buying a 64 ford galaxie 2 door hars top now too LOL

TrunkFrame004.jpg

I made a framework out of 2 by 2 by 1/8 angle iron to hold the wooden trunk.

Yes, falconvan, a high winding Sbc and a deep gear coupled with a 4 speed would make beautiful music in that Nova.

TrunkFrame002.jpg

The trunk nests in the frame. (The square tube is resting on the spring and won't be part of the installation)

Haven't had a lot of time as we are fixing the heater in my son's Equinox. It is at least a $1,000 job at a dealership. We are about 8 hours in to removing the dash just to get to the heater.:eek:

Been looking at different gas tanks on the 'net tonight. Will see if a 9" diameter poly tank will fit tomorrow. Might have to scratch build an odd shaped tank to fit and clear the center section of the rear axle.

Also trying to figure out how to install shocks in the rear. I have some single action lever shocks but they won't work on an underslung frame.

That's a really neat idea, looks like you did a nice job fitting the frame to the box!!! [cl

It would be cool if you could build like a false bottom in the box so you could have a little storage in there!

Also trying to figure out how to install shocks in the rear. I have some single action lever shocks but they won't work on an underslung frame.

I don't see why they wouldn't. Just make a link that goes up to the axle instead of down to it. As long as the shock arm moves in the same direction they will work. [P

ReoTailLightBrkt001.jpg

Last trip to the junkyard I got the spare tire mount from a'29 Reo. I also took a tail light mounting bracket from the same car. Since I want two tail lights for safety I decided to make a bracket for the other side. Made the frame mount part from 1/4" plate and the light mount part from 3/16" plate. The rusty round bar was left over from the spare tire mount. (Original bracket on the bottom).

Latest posts

Back