Chop or Don't Chop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckypots

I am building a 34 ford pickup slammed and I haven't decided if I am going to chop it. The wheel base center to center of axles is 11' 3" I do not want the Top Hat look from the cab being to tall. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Attachments

• 34 ford rolloing.JPG
    34 ford rolloing.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 34 rolling 2 Jan.09.JPG
    34 rolling 2 Jan.09.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 66
Me personally, i wouldnt chop it. But im different than most, i like em either chopped and not channelled or channelled and not chopped.

But that is just my personal opinion. And this is coming from someone thats about to start a totally different rat rod project, :D

I 'm really liking it tall. May look different with the doors on though. Like was said, you can always chop it later - so I'd leave it until you have all the parts on and then see what the total package looks like. Maybe have somebody do a photo-chop on it to give you a better idea. Right now, I like the cab how it is.

It definitely needs chopped with a long wheelbase. However I think 135" is wayyyy too long a wheelbase for that truck. It not only looks totally out of proportion, but you are going to need a 40 acre field to turn that thing around. I would bring the front axle way back from where it is and be closer to the grille shell. Your looks and performance will benefit greatly...

although i am a fan of chops, i think it should stay tall,, it has more of a herman munster look , and i like that,, :cool:

Yeah, like if Herman owned a truck, it would look something like what you have going. As for the long front, I like it. I was thinking the back end looked a little long - is that a 6 foot bed? Kinda like a long bed for rat rods - I like long beds. :)

Hope we're not getting do deep on the critique! Do you have a side shot of it?

OK, a few quick photohacks:

1 & 2 are about 1/2 the windshield chopped.
3rd one's for Tripper. ;)

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts