Chop or Don't Chop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would look great chopped, but I still think I like it just as much with that 'tall-T' look. Stepped down sideboards might help the proportions with the tall cab and long bed.

With the long bed, it looks great tall. If you chop it then it would look better with the short bed. In the photoshopped pictures when its chopped, it looks strange with the long bed and short cab.

Im still saying leave it.

thats a great lookin ride

a chop would look good but i think it looks good the way it is

its your ride do what you want I think it will look great any way you do it

Bed

This was a orginal truck when I got it the bed is 60" long, they didn't have a short or a long bed did they? Thanks for all the comments.

chop

I wouldnt chop it. If it were a shorter wheel base I would but it is long enough that it looks pretty good with the taller top. I did a 39 chevy truck similar to what you are building and set it up with a 6" channel and a 6.5" chop.......needless to say, I am only 5-9 and my back hurt like hell from being bent over all the time just to drive it. it sure did look tough though!

This was a orginal truck when I got it the bed is 60" long, they didn't have a short or a long bed did they? Thanks for all the comments.

Don't think so, but everybody always bobs the backS of rats. So if you don't, it's kinda like a long bed ...for a rat rod at least. Am I making any sense to anyone besides me? :confused:

i personally like the 3rd photo but i am also one that says to chop it to the point when you climb out of it people are in "awe" of how you got out. if you chop, definitely shorten the bed. but you didnt ask about the bed... so....

CHOP

The second picture is exactly where the chop ought to be. That's what I think anyway. Another way to look at it is.... It's YOUR truck..... Do what makes YOU happy! That's really all that matters.

T-1

Stock Bed

I didn't want to chop the bed because it seems that everybody cuts the bed down. I wanted to be different. Thanks for all the comments!

Last edited:
I do like photochop#2 it looks sweet. But maybe you should get it going then see if you like it that way, or then you can chop it.

So which way are you thinking?

The photo Chopped pics are good looking. I like photo 1 and 2 they look good.
It makes me want to chop it I am surprised nobody has commented on the taillights or rearend.

Get it on the road first and have some fun driving it. Save the chop since it looks real good as is. The chop will always be there but lost chances to drive never return. Ain't that one of them Buddha teachings or somethin'?

Latest posts

Back