chop or no chop.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chop or no chop

• Chop 4 inches.

Votes: 29 87.9%
  • Leave it as she is.

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

cranny

Was going to chop my sedan 4 inches but after looking at it i'm having second thoughts. So looking for your opinions on this.

Attachments

• CHANNEL SIDE.jpg
    CHANNEL SIDE.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 70
  • channel side 2.jpg
    channel side 2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 76
  • front view.jpg
    front view.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 61
Usually 100% of the time i say chop it, but im wondering what the typical use for this ride will be? Daily driver? Weekend warrior?
In other words, will you be in it alot?
How many seats? just two in the front, or more in the back?
Open fendered? Body dropped?
Basically, what are your plans for the car? That would help narrow down what would work/look best i think.

Nice project BTW!

Usually 100% of the time i say chop it, but im wondering what the typical use for this ride will be? Daily driver? Weekend warrior?
In other words, will you be in it alot?
How many seats? just two in the front, or more in the back?
Open fendered? Body dropped?
Basically, what are your plans for the car? That would help narrow down what would work/look best i think.

Nice project BTW!

It's channeled 4 inches now. will be open wheel. I'd like a rear seat in it and will be driving it alot over the summer.

If it's fenderless, maybe a 2-3" chop, if at all. Nothing major. Get it done besides paint and decide then.

I vote for the chop....but not radical.....

no 6" stuff.....something suttle.....the channel is going to make it low....now you just need a bit more to set the proportions ......JMHO.....for what it's worth....:D

I don't mind unchopped cars & trucks but for me... a chop is definitely a requirement! Also, depends on how tall you are, how high u're seats fit in the project & how much space you lose to channeling! Just my 2¢!!!

BoB

Before you chop it mock up your seat. That will tell you how much you can chop it. Then you need decide what you can live with.[S I prefer comfort.

You will enjoy it a lot more if you can drive it as opposed to posing in it for the odd picture.:rolleyes:

Gold03

I like the chopped look.

I always like the look if a chop. Your sedan looks like it could handle having the lid lowered a bit. As stated above though, fitting you in it is your first priority. Nice project!

Latest posts

Back