chop top glass-help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listen to rodguy1 and Darkk, 2 excellent choices. I had a glass guy come to my garage and cut glass. Very easy once you know the technique!. Curved glass is another ballgame!:eek: But it can be done. I don't think the sanding routine is an option due to the fact like Rodguy said...Breaking it on the last couple of inches! Too much labor involved. Find a competent glass shop and let them cut it for you, saves a lot of aggravation!:D..Good luck with the project...CR

It sounds like they have had more expertize then I do(zero!:)) I will be taking their advise. I have cut residential glass before (double strength single pane). It may be a good Idea for me to get some trail pieces and play a little since I have access to some,wont cost nothing.

Id like to see that, the sides shouldnt have been effected in the chop if he did a sectional chop.
Some how he got the top of the windshield opening to wide. It fit at the bottom and he had to fill in the top with a wedge piece. If I can find were it at, I will try to get pictures.

Latest posts

Back