christmas gifts ??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodgirl

anyone have any idea what to get a guy for xmas lol im stumped cant get tool I have almost everything and hes not so much a tool guy any help would be nice pleaseeeee ! lol !! thanks fellas

What are his interests ? You say he isn't a tool guy, so what are his hobbies?

The best gifts are something a person wouldn't buy for themselves. My ex GF was super about picking out stuff I would never have gotten myself, like a trip to some romantic place for the two of us. Those are the gifts I remember most.

Don

he like hunting but he has all the gun ect he wanted likes fishing but no were near me to buy him a new fishing rod, he loves making wine and beer but i dont think i can get anything for that lol.And ya hes not much into tool normal i get them for xmas and he uses them lol not unless there someone that know about blower motors that can tell me what new cam he need ( he dont know what to get either) so that why asking you fella for a bit of help

What are his interests ? You say he isn't a tool guy, so what are his hobbies?

The best gifts are something a person wouldn't buy for themselves. My ex GF was super about picking out stuff I would never have gotten myself, like a trip to some romantic place for the two of us. Those are the gifts I remember most.

Don

Id love to take him on a trip but he never takes time off work:(
well unless it to go watch a ufc match lol then hed go

There's several on here in the know on blower motors and will probably ask if he's goin to use it on the street only, strip or a little of both :D
I'd love to help, I've never built a blower motor but, love to have one [dr
You might consider a blower motor thread with your question ;)
Jim
p.s. Lucky man :cool:

Cams are a very personal choice and if he is doing a blower motor he really needs to have one custom ground instead of buying an off the rack one, if he wants to maximize performance.

He sounds like a tough guy to buy for. Sometimes we men have to be led around to do something, so maybe if you got him and you tickets to some event or little getaway, I bet he would enjoy it once he got there.

What kind of fishing does he like (ie, fresh water, salt water, rod and reel or fly fishing, etc) ? No matter how much gear a fisherman has he always has some next piece he is dying to have. One suggestion is to get him a prepaid day with some local very knowledgeable fishing guide. Even experienced fishermen can learn so much from spending a day on the water with a guide and take lessons away that they can use for years.

I like gifts that are outside the box. My ex GF got us a weekend at Disney one year, with tickets one night to go see Cirque du Soleil. I was dreading going but once we were there and saw the show I liked it more than she did. Like I said, sometimes we guys need our woman to lead us to new things.

We also like gift certificates for our favorite places. Maybe one to Bass Pro Shop or a similar fishing/hunting place in your area. Some people think gift certificates are impersonal, but I love em. It is so nice walking in and plopping down that card and getting exactly what you want.

Don

Did somebody say BLOWER??? [dr

Hold on, I.... need to..... catch my...... breath....

OK, I'm good. I agree with Don. Unless you have a part # in hand, leave the cam alone. I also agree that gift certificates are a great gift (I love shopping for MAN stuff). You can always toss in some apparel with a certificate. Keith Black, Clay Smith, BDS, Ruger, Sako, whatever "turns him on".

Next year, I'll give you my wife's # so you can school her on the subject. :D

Hang a pair of fishnet stockings by the chimney (the ones with the line up the back) and a pair of garters, then fill them for Christmas [dr

I like this one! I also agree with giftcards to whatever he likes be it BassPro, Lowes, HomeDepot, ect. Or you could just come out and ask him. Be honest, tell him if he doesnt give you any idea than hes gonna get a lump of coal... He might give you some suggestions. Tell him to start making a list of stuff he would like to have..[P[P

Super 56 actually has a great suggestion.........ask him what he wants. My ex wife used to not want to do that because "I wouldn't be surprised" but I told her "I would rather get what I really want rather than being surprised." We men are basically very simple, food, sex, and beer, so surprises aren't high up on our list of things we want. :D

Don

Super 56 actually has a great suggestion.........ask him what he wants. My ex wife used to not want to do that because "I wouldn't be surprised" but I told her "I would rather get what I really want rather than being surprised." We men are basically very simple, food, sex, and beer, so surprises aren't high up on our list of things we want. :D

Don

x2!! My wife has slowly learned just to ask me what I want. I'll send her a link to whatever tool or part and everyone's happy. It sure beats the first few years when she bought a bunch of stuff I didn't like and had to take it all back.

Ask him for anything big, then if you want, get some small stuff as "surprise" items...and be prepared to return it without getting your feelings hurt. ;)

Another thing to think about is a GPS. If he is a hunter and fisherman a handheld GPS is a great thing to have. Not sure if he has one already or what your budget is, but they start at around $ 75 and go from there. They are not only a convenience but can be a lifesaver too, if you get lost in the woods or on a boat.

Of all the brands, I am partial to Garmin. We sold the in the boating industry and they were dependable, and even a computer dummy like me understood how to use one. My Son Don bought my Son Dan a fixed mount one for his pickup and we use the thing to death. So much more convenient that Googling directions and addresses.

Just another idea.

Don

Don

Thanks Don. :D

If he processes his own game, a quality electric knife sharpener (one that does serrated knives too) might be a good idea. Something he probably wouldn't buy himself, but sure would make life easier. Kinda like a good bit sharpener instead of trying to burn holes through stuff with dull bits - (guessing, since I don't have one....yet)

Don

Unless we're being surprised with Food, Sex and beer:D[dr

bass pro would work if there was one close lol closest one is 14 hrs from me lol
An yes hes hard to buy for my mistake is he gets all the cool gifts for valetines ect so christmas i get stuf lol opps my bad
I know he wants a box ( large crate) of 223 shells but i cant get them in canada :( and no way to get them shipped up here
othere then that i was going to get a few hrs book for him to get ink work done, All the things i know he wants I cant get here planishing hammer would be cool but cost a mint to ship one to me :( sigh

223 shells. What, you don't have any bad neighborhoods up there? Down here any 14 year old kid from those parts of town can hook you up with a bazooka if you wanted one. :eek::D:D

Don

Hang a pair of fishnet stockings by the chimney (the ones with the line up the back) and a pair of garters, then fill them for Christmas [dr

It may be a little tough getting into them on Christmas morning hanging on the mantel, but hey, it works for me....

We men are basically very simple, food, sex, and beer, so surprises aren't high up on our list of things we want. :DDon

You have the order wrong....sex, beer and food is more correct....

Latest posts

Back