Christmas present for the girlfriend!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LUCKY DEVIL 13

Greasy Gearhead
Well the 48 chevy didn't work out but I just bought a 1941 chevy coupe!! She doesn't know about it yet :)

Attachments

• 40 Cooupe.jpg
    40 Cooupe.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 94
You GF has a good idea. That car deserves fit and finish, and lends itself very well to the "custom" look. A Westergard style treatment would be cat's ass. Be careful with clips as most common ones can be a little too wide for these cars. If it is on the stock chassis look into a MII setup. Here's a little inspiration from another '41. It's a Buick, but the lines are very similar to the Chebby and I think this car pulls off the early tasteful custom look great...

0512rc_01_z+1941_buick_special_44s_six_passenger_sport_coupe+1939+front.jpg

You GF has a good idea. That car deserves fit and finish, and lends itself very well to the "custom" look. A Westergard style treatment would be cat's ass. Be careful with clips as most common ones can be a little too wide for these cars. If it is on the stock chassis look into a MII setup. Here's a little inspiration from another '41. It's a Buick, but the lines are very similar to the Chebby and I think this car pulls off the early tasteful custom look great...

0512rc_01_z+1941_buick_special_44s_six_passenger_sport_coupe+1939+front.jpg

Very kool!!! Yeah we will see how the clip looks and get all the measurements before we cut anything then if it won't work we'll look for a mustang II kit for :)

Gonna stash the car til christmas eve and then bring it home :)

LD, the 67 to 69 Camaro clips are narrow enough for these cars the 70 and up are too wide.
On these, the MII is a better looking and better way to go, actually easier than a Camaro too. jmy2cents

Jim

LD, the 67 to 69 Camaro clips are narrow enough for these cars the 70 and up are too wide.
On these, the MII is a better looking and better way to go, actually easier than a Camaro too. jmy2cents

Jim

Yeah I was looking up the mustang II kits and found on the is compltet plus the rear leaf spring kit as well for $2000 shipped

hope she likes it! the custom look is sweet on those... even a gasser look is cool IMO....

whatever you decide, make sure she is happy is the main thing!;)

Latest posts

Back