CL Abomination

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to want to move to Tn. I think that's where the Grand Am International came from too. I'm going to assume the 57 was not saveable.

I got no problem with mixing makes or cutting up a car that is to far gone to restore, but for the love of god why make it look like a$$. I would hate to see a build on this and see a good workable 57 get cut up. But so I can sleep tonight I'm going to believe it was total first.

Better than Ambian......was going to say Somenex...

I got no problem with mixing makes or cutting up a car that is to far gone to restore, but for the love of god why make it look like a$$. I would hate to see a build on this and see a good workable 57 get cut up. But so I can sleep tonight I'm going to believe it was total first.

but the youngin's might not remember Somenex.........I do believe, I do believe, I do believe....... sleepy, you are getting sleepy......

I'm not real sure how someone can sit back and look at "it" and believe it looks good! What is wrong with people?

That dude definately lived under power lines when he was a kid!

The last line in the ad was supposed to say," I am posting this for a friend who is way too embarrassed to post it himself."

remember when we was kids and when the teacher wasnt looking we would take some crayons and put them on the oil heater and they would melt together and run down the sides and it would make a hell of a mess.....?

yeah...kinda like that.

I'm kinda leaning the other direction..

1. it's not nearly as bad as the IH truck/grand am that was for sale
awhile back..

and

2. I'm telling myself that the `57 was beyond repair, at least as a real 57 anyway..If you can hang otherwise unuseable 57 sheetmetal on a worthless little car and make it look like a ratty 57..Be able to drive it and have some fun, then I have no problem with it.. I wouldn't have done it, but I don't have a problem with someone else doing it..

It's funny what some people hold sacred and what they don't.

I wouldn't cut up an early 50's VW bug, but I cut the hell out of a 1952 Mercedes.

Some people really like the cars that ended up being donors for Roofus (1954 Cadillac and 1960 Jaguar)....oops.

Last edited:
And just when I thought there wasn't anything you could do to a tri-5 that hadn't already been done. Well, the guy tried and I bet he learned a lot (like don't do that again) Actually, I think the worst part is the pancake hood that went bad. The rest of it could be saved. At least to look no worse than those hideous 57 chevy golf carts and three wheeled motorcycles.

Is any of that metal even 57 Chevy besides the fenders? The hood isn't. The front nose looks like bent sheet steel - same with the rear quarters.

I would say it started as a four door. The door handle would be in the right location for the dip in the top of the door (if a door). I would guess the front doors fills in the space between the front fenders and what looks to be a door. I would say that the rear part was a 75 but some funky patching going on from the door to the rear wheel well. but the hood is something else upper part looks like roofing metal.

Latest posts

Back