Coilovers questions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smiliey Smiles

Where do I start, 1930 Ford Model A rat rod. Guessing it may weigh 14 to 18 hundred pounds when its done. I want a good ride using a Ford 9 inch with coilovers and a 4 link. My question is about the coilover choice itself. What do I look for on spring load choice for the my weight car. Is there a better ride to be had using my ford 9 inch another way? The frame is not built yet, so options are endless. Admitting lost and dont know what I'm doing.

Thanks for your imput....

This chart might help you out.

http://static.speedwaymotors.com/images/charts/721395.jpg

721395.jpg

I have PRO 9400's on my rear with a pair of 225 lb springs, I went through the same thing you are, think about this, a 1980 Z28 has a 235 lb leaf set up from what I can remember.

I'm sure there is guidelines for what angle the coil overs can be mounted at but that will also play into the spring rate. On my ride the coilovers have to Kay pertty flat. So it takes a stiffer spring then if they was straight up and down.

more questions

Thanks Guys, Just seeing that chart give's me an idea of whats going on now.
Is there such a thing as a good quality coilovers thats budget priced or what everyone uses? Also anyone have good pictures of a set up like this. I'd love to see them. If you have somthing I shold see, discuss whats going on in the pictures. For me pictures worth 1000 words if I see it. I can build about anything If I know whats going on and the goals.

Thanks again Guys

We sell a Carrera chrome coil over for $299 a pair. You get you choice of spring rates on the springs.

i got mine online somewhere.
i remember calling and the guy asking me what i was putting them in
when i started describing the weasel he told me i needed adjustable t-bucket springs
i think i paid around 160 for the pair

Latest posts

Back