color ideas.......

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martyf

Ok my frame is almost done, and then Ill be assembling up.

I think Im going to powder coat my frame, but Im reaally having a problem deciding on a color. its on open front end 1930 sedan, so you will see the front of the frame, engine, front axle, ect.........

heres a mock up pic

IMG_1299.jpg

Im usually head strong on what I want, but Im at a cunundrum:confused:

What color to have the frame, axle, and the such powdercoated.

Black? everyone does black, sorta...........:rolleyes:
Red? eeh :rolleyes:

hell Im at a lose here and thats just not me.

what color sounds good to you?

Whenever I get around to tearing mine back down I'm going to paint mine "bare cast". I found it as Engine paint. It's kind of a shinny dark silver.

Satin Copper for the body.......

Dark Satin charcoal for the frame....but rust red and black are always nice too....:D

If you got a lot of detail to the frame, Red it screams here I am love me. Just a plain jane frame, Black under states the frame and doesn't take away from the car.

OK well in my opinion there are way too many satin blacks, primer greys, hot rod yellows, and ______ reds.

Pick something different. That is the main reason I left/painted my Dodge army green.

i like shiney myself and am planning for a restricked (spelling) police blue, it is between a baby blue and grabber blue.

Is the body staying primer red? Honestly, I think gloss black looks best with primer red, but other than that, I like the cast iron gray idea. Either that, or white, if you don't mind washing it fairly often!

I am doing my 50 in flat copper with charcoal wheels....would look good there too! [P

Latest posts

Back