Colorado Big Rig Junk Yards?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmlcolorado

Guys!
I have heard around from a few folks that there is some sort of semi scrap yard here in denver somewhere. Im having a heck of a time finding it!
Does anyone on here know where this might be or what its called?
I have a handfull of parts in mind for my build where this could come in real handy!
Thanks!

Guys!
I have heard around from a few folks that there is some sort of semi scrap yard here in denver somewhere. Im having a heck of a time finding it!
Does anyone on here know where this might be or what its called?
I have a handfull of parts in mind for my build where this could come in real handy!
Thanks!

Dude... be sure & share if you find it!!!

BoB

heres one for the big parts,, but its north of Denver in wheatridge and one in lupton . I think
http://www.heavytruckparts.net/search.php?fltpc=623387&store=1

and one for the chrome goodies

http://www.outlawcustomshd.com/

DTI Trucks has a yard but you gotta meet the guy there to be able to look around. Not really what i was looking for.

BUT, I found a massive one in Hudson CO!
I drove the 75 miles to it to find myself right in the middle of farmers country. So much so that i thought my GPS was misleading me :)
I figured if im gonna drive that far, i sure as heck am not gonna not get out and talk to the guy.
He let me in his yard and my head was spinning for a couple hours. He has SO MUCH STUFF!
Place is called Active Truck Parts, INC.
Look up his address on Google Earth and see the yard for yourself :)
19640 CR-28 Hudson CO 80642.
www.activetruckparts.com

I even found an origional tailgate for my 50 binder pickup! AND a whole other cab!
He has everything from old forklifts to semi's that still have the keys and good batteries in them (good enough to roll over the motor!)

He seems a little quiet and to himself and maybe a touch hesitant letting a youngster like myself climb around his yard but nice enough to buy from :)
Tractors
Trailers
Buses
Box trucks
Old wreckers
Engines
Full suspentions
Steering columns
Box truck backs stocked with stuff
Air, fuel, CNG tanks

Alot of the old box trucks still had crap in the back. I found one with an old Radial arm saw and a few 5 ton mechanics jacks. Another still had 100 sheets of drywall and plywood in the back :)

What i found most interesting is almost every one of em still had the keys in the ignition!

Attachments

• Active Semi Yard.jpg
    Active Semi Yard.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg