colorful colorado...RUST, what else is there?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mopar4life

been crusin' here for a bit. bout time i said HI. Im in the loveland area (not loveland pass, the other loveland to the north) grew up with a gearhead father. the best gift i could every get. Dad's ride made it into rat rod magazine as the recycler. hoping to mine on the road this summer. 47 dodge coupe mopar all the way. 318, 904, 8 3/4, steering, seats...... i'm building it this way to prove bowtie isn't needed to build a rod. who better to say this to than a bunch of "i'll build it the way i want" rodders.

thank you to everyone for sharing words of encouragement, advice, and joy. to me rat rods are more than cars, they're family (black sheep but still family)

Sounds like a good choice, lets see some pics!

I'm using a 318/904 as well on my '49 ford (possibly a T5 for overdrive eventually)

Welcome to the site!

Welcome from Evans, Colorado, can't wait to see your fatfender MoPar. I have a 66 Charger,383,4 speed, 4:10 gears, and my rat project is a 31 Ply. chopped coupe, planning on a Hemi ALL MoPar!! [cl[cl

I had a 47 Dodge Busines coupe, 46 two door sedan, 46 DeSoto Coupe, to name a few.
Later

one of the car, bike/tractor for tour de fat, and other from rat rod rendezvous
what! you don't know what tour de fat is? halloween for "adult-ish" beer drinkers on bikes that new belgium brewery puts on. youtube it. its pretty fun.

Attachments

• rendezvous.jpg
    rendezvous.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 47 dodge.jpg
    47 dodge.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 17
  • tracycle.jpg
    tracycle.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 16
Welcome to the site

Nice to here "like father, like son". Being able to spend less money and still exercise innovation and freedom to put together what you want is quite a relief. Really this hobby is art. Glad you came aboard. There is a lot of inspiration and knowledge here. Steve

Good to see other Coloradans here [cl
I'm hoping to gather a group of us together for a little meet n greet one of these days.
I'm hoping to have my rat on the road this summer too.
Unfortunately, it's a. International........powered by a bow tie :rolleyes:

My Mom's freinds live in Greely and work at a small airport. The dad did interdiction he flew around looking for left handed tobacco. I remember the kids all had their pilots licenses before they got their driving permits. went up in a piper cub once...only plane i was ever in. It was like being really high up on some scaffolding

Latest posts

Back