Coloring cloth seats.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakota

Rides a rusted horse
Anyone got any good ideas on changing the color of my cloth seats? The seats are a medium grey now, and are cloth on the fronts and cheap leather like plastic on the sides and back. I was thinking of getting the leather seat dye from the auto store, but who knows how that will act on cloth. I want my interior all black.

hey man ,, oriellys auto parts has a interior paint thats made for interiors, jave used them on carpet and cloth,, might want to check it out, most auto paint store have it!! i believe its a sherman williams is what oreillys had but there are different bands,, we used them on late model cars at the shop to fix stains and stuff in seats dashes and carpet!! WORKS GOOD!, AND YOU CAN SPRAY IT FROM A REGULAR PAINT GUN

hey man ,, oriellys auto parts has a interior paint thats made for interiors, jave used them on carpet and cloth,, might want to check it out, most auto paint store have it!

I've used this stuff on my Nova ragtop. The sun always bleaches a convertible's interior out & I sprayed this on my seats & carpets (black) & it works like a charm. Can't remember the brand but will post it tomorrow. It doesn't bleed off on u're clothes or make the material stiff. I love the stuff.

BoB

I've used dupli-color's interior paint from auto-zone or wal mart or can buy it anywhere it works great..I've even used the stuff to paint carpets and they've held up..never even had to re coat or anything I think I got a pict of some leather seats I used it on also so you can see how well it works for the sides of your seats

PICT0396.jpg

Thanks guys. Wasn't too sure about the Sherman Williams spray on stuff. I've never used it. I usually have my seats recovered, but these seats are such cheapo's, I'd get laughed out of the apholstery shop.

I've used dupli-color's interior paint from auto-zone or wal mart or can buy it anywhere it works great..I've even used the stuff to paint carpets and they've held up..never even had to re coat or anything I think I got a pict of some leather seats I used it on also so you can see how well it works for the sides of your seats

Thanks CCI,
Dupli-Color... that's the one I like! Works really well & has held up pretty darn good in my ragtop!

BoB

Thanks CCI,
Dupli-Color... that's the one I like! Works really well & has held up pretty darn good in my ragtop!

BoB

yeah I've used it on 3 or 4 cars..the ones from that pict where in a '70 Monte Carlo..the brown didnt go with the car, and didnt wana spend money on upholstrey and not one person could tell the diffrence when I was done...hell I've even used that stuff in my room my carpets were ugly brown so painted em black..look great and not stiff at all just make sure to have the windows open for a few days haha

Ok...OK...I folded under pressure...I got three cans of black Dupli-Color for a whopping $12. Along with it I got a rebuilt 350 4 bolt main Chevy from a rebuilder, ($400). And an Edelbrock dual quad high rise tunnel ram polished manifold with two Edelbrock polished carbs and a chrome scoop, ($500...valued at around $1400). All that's left now is put in the engine, paint the body, wire it, and I'm good to go. well, a few more little things along the way.
ok, so I spent a little over the $12 I intended to spend.

Latest posts

Back