Comfort question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arkansawer

After looking at all of the cars on here i was wondering some stuff.

When you channel a car, and are pretty much sitting on the floor with legs stretched out. How comfortable is that to drive? It doesnt seem like it would be that great especially on longer rides. What about when its channeled and chopped, how cramped does that get on longer rides.

Id like to have the channeled and chopped stance, or at least the chopped and raked stance. But at the same time id like to drive it down to Houston, which is right at 650 miles, without cramping up or things going numb. :D

Torrey

NeVER Had One But Have Always Wanted One..just Havent Had The Funds..i Would Say Be Prepared To Make Many Stops To Get Out And Stretch..also Depends On How Much You Chop And Channel And How Far Back You Position The Seat When Building...

Last edited:
When you channel a car, and are pretty much sitting on the floor with legs stretched out. How comfortable is that to drive?

Comfort... we don't need no stinkin' comfort! Well... depends a lot on u're seats, how tall u r, how stiff u're suspension is & how u drive! I call my car the Daytripper because you really don't wanna go out for more that a day trip but there is some guy who drives a really low down roadster all over the country... must have a butt of steel!!! :D:D:D

BoB

I'm 5'11" about 220 lbs. and not comfy for long trips, but if you want comfort, drive the Tahoe! Mine is a Model A Tudor, chopped 6,channeled 5 in. Definately cramped, but a lot of fun to drive. I'd drive mine from Arkansas to Houston if it's not raining and I did'nt live in Vegas. Trouble is, getting the wife to ride along!

Im 5'10 250lbs, so i doubt ill be doing any channeling, but chopping is a must. Even the wife says so. Its a 10 hr drive from here to Houston, so some comfort is needed. Dont like stopping on trips except for gas, and you eat while i fuel up. And driving my Bronco is out of the question. Yeah its very comfy but at 7 mpg, i dont think so.

Tripper, yeah i looked at your car earlier, and man i dont see how you drive that thing. Especially the slits that you call "windows" :D lol.

Long Cruises...

Hell, stopping off is one of the main things I like about about a cruise, give those little towns a thrill when you come cruisin' through...thats what it's all about.

Do you remember Billy Crystal's character "Fernando?" His favorite line was "It's better to look good than to feel good!" Chopped and channeled cars are kinda like that. I'm only 5'9", so I fit in one pretty well, but if you are taller you might have a problem.

Don

Mine beats the crap out of me, so I guess it is a "quarter mile tripper" kind of truck. Thinking about a road trip build soon. (but it looks marvelous)

Bonehead, yeah but you are use to a lifted bronco like i am so the "beat ya to death" ride is normal for us, lol.

Well the Model A fell through. He wanted to much money (actually not a bad price) that was out of my budget. Looking at a 52 plymouth 2 dr sedan, body is solid and everything is there including the flathead 6. Floor is a little soft, but that can be replaced. 100 dollar bill takes it.

My ride is very comfortable to sit and drive. My rear springs are a bit stiff but for the most part I can drive around for hours without much pain, at least less pain the the gas pump provides me these days!

Latest posts

Back