Coming out of the shadows

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solidnoise

Well, I'm not a newbie, nor am i a Veteran. I've been on car forums sites like this for years. found this one in January and joined then. i mainly don't log in too much, but i'm always around.

honestly, car forums for me are cool. i get to see ideas and watch people's builds come to life. get to see a community grow. have a few laughs. get p!ssed at some stupid bs spam or person who thinks they know everything.

i like to see newbies grow, cuz lets face it, we all were one at some starting point. wether it was a newbie to internet forums or a newbie to the car world as we know it.

i'd like to point out that sometimes, people get too carried away with bull online. i mean, we're all here for the same love in one way or another. and a lot of us here are here for that reason- because we build cars and not submit to the extra bs that comes with other ahem, forums, lol. its not about online fighting and whatnot.

it's about waking up in the mornin, checking out the latest threads, pics, this, that, and the other thing. going out to tinker with your rod, well, maybe some of us tinker with our rods, then go out and work on our cars, lol. [;)

but seriously, i wanted to say welcome everyone - to a community, online, but a community nonetheless.

you're amongst hot rodders all alike.

now who took my roll of electric tape, half inch, and coffee?

Glad you posted. We generally run by those guidelines here. Welcome.

yeah... thats why i like this place, hence the knock to other certain forums. been on/watching this one for about a year now. i actually forgot about it for a little while until my dad had mentioned he had joined, then it sparked my interest back up.

Thanks everyone. :)

By the way, my mistake. I need a 9/16ths, not half inch. I got one for a 1/2 inch drive that's a deep socket. Not enough space. I can't seem to find the 9/16ths for my 1/4 inch.

Need it to loosen the bolts holding my brake lights in. Apparently they aren't working because of the lack of fluid. [S Damn leaks.

Oh darn! Silly me, there are only wires attached. Must have forgotten to reconnect the hoses to them when I last changed 'em. :p

And wherever my coffee went, it's all good. It's gotta be cold by now anyway. Got a new pot brewing. Who needs some?

Still looking for that electrical tape tho...

Hey Solidnoise. Enjoyed the pics you took at Turkey Run. Wish I could have made it. Looking forward to meeting you and your grumpy old man in the spring when I get back north.

Glad you liked 'em. It's the end of the year and we got more shows up in the northeast coming up spring time. I'm leaving florida the day after tomorrow to head back up north to start on rides for all the goodies coming up in the spring.

Not looking forward to all the weather, but hey, i'm still young. someone's got to do it. let my pops sit inside and relax for a while instead of busting his ass with my junk this year. :)

it'll be good for him. Though I'm sure he'd love to be down here with you since he hates the miserable New York winters.

But i got enough inspiration from the Turkey Rod Run to last me til the cold breaks and the grass starts showing again.

Looking forward to what 2010 has in stock for me!

Latest posts

Back