confidence run pic!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zordan

took my bucket out for a 30 mile run last night on every type of road possible. (didnt do dirt, i was running the slicks!) i did get to do some in town, freeway @ 70mph (scary knowing that YOU'RE the jerk that built that axle bouncing around in front of your face!) some back country roads, and some really bumpy back country roads. after plenty of bugs in the face i must say i had a great time! i dont know if i could have been happier. engine was missing every now and then, so i gotta find out why that was, but other than that, it was a great ride. heres a pic of the car i took while stretching my back out. enjoy!:D

06-11-07_2021.jpg

Kool!

Zordan,
Kool, that's always a kool feeling to finally get a ride on the road & then get back home under it's own power! I know that feeling of knowing who put the car together when u're really @ speed. A little scary!!!

BoB

Congrats on a successful test run. That is a great feeling.
Knowing that you did it right usually off sets the knowing you did it. ;)
'22

Nice to get the shakedown run out of the way Zordan. Glad it went well for ya. Did ya recheck all the suspension hardware afterwards? The car looks great.

Nice to get the shakedown run out of the way Zordan. Glad it went well for ya. Did ya recheck all the suspension hardware afterwards? The car looks great.

i sure did! i was having a problem with the lower 4 bar nut on the right side working loose:eek: but i put some threadlocker and torqued it down good and she didnt back out this time! (i will probably monitor this nut for the rest of the time i own this car...i'm kinda weird like that.) i work on jets for the navy where you get absolutely no second chances so i can get a little particular about my car... oh and i realized slicks on a back country road are not the most comfortable tires in the world. thanks for the comments guys, i appreciate them

woohooo san joaquin valley! don't forget the illegal immigrants!

haha, as soon as i make my baffles for the zoomies i think i'll cruise to visalia for that A&W thing. the car isnt registered yet, but it cant be any worse than the countless brown aerostar vans packed full of people doing 45 in the left lane and tags from 1999, right?! :D

i just gotta make it a little less obnoxious. i love the sound, but police dont!
there is a mad sin show in fresno tonight and on saturday the wanderers are putting on a small carshow in fresno also. if youre up to no good, you should check 'em out.

i'd love to but i need to get a car ready for sale tonight, trying to make room for more of them fangeld volvo 544's. I can't wait to see your t in person though dude.

i'd love to but i need to get a car ready for sale tonight, trying to make room for more of them fangeld volvo 544's. I can't wait to see your t in person though dude.

i know what you mean, i have had 3 people flake out on my truck. we made plans and they never showed up! really, if you dont want it dont ask! i'm goin out, i dont need to sell the truck anyway! -later man

Cheap baffles

haha, as soon as i make my baffles for the zoomies i think i'll cruise to visalia for that A&W thing. the car isnt registered yet, but it cant be any worse than the countless brown aerostar vans packed full of people doing 45 in the left lane and tags from 1999, right?! :D

i just gotta make it a little less obnoxious. i love the sound, but police dont!
there is a mad sin show in fresno tonight and on saturday the wanderers are putting on a small carshow in fresno also. if youre up to no good, you should check 'em out.

Zordan,
I welded these cheapies from JC Whitney in my zoomers. They cut the sound just enough to avoid the boys in blue but still sound great when u git on 'er!

Cheap baffles!

BoB

Attachments

• baffle.gif
    baffle.gif
    6 KB · Views: 8
Git u're baffle on!

i know it might be a sin to post hamb links, because of the mixed emotions, but you just cant argue with good tech, and the hamb is chock full of that. (among other things:rolleyes:)

Zordan,
Nope, no sin here, most people r members over there too! I saw those after I had finished mine! The longer u make them, the more they cut the noise. Mine r very short... I even cut the collar off the 1's I used!!! ; - >

BoB

Zordan,
Nope, no sin here, most people r members over there too! I saw those after I had finished mine! The longer u make them, the more they cut the noise. Mine r very short... I even cut the collar off the 1's I used!!! ; - >

BoB

I think I might have even seen a picture of the Day Tripper in that hamb thread :D

Say it ain't so.
The "Daytripper" on the HAMB.:confused:..What is that place coming to? Next thing you know, Somebody will be posting pics of "Traditional rods" on BAGS.:eek:..OMG... could you imagine the fallout. Somebody might explode....

Latest posts

Back