confused about tires...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uponone

im confused help me.....i luv the look of traditional hot rods...now im building a fenderless 1940 chevy pickup......building the frame and am ready to buy some tires....i have about 650 budgeted for tires.....now here is the problem....so far i have bought old 17inch artillery rims for the front and they have the correct bolt pattern, they are very narrow rims....for the rear i have 2 6lug 15inch artillery rims(need sandblasted and might not be useable) but they will be going onto a 68 camero rear end that i am hoping that i can redrill that pattern into the hubs.....i want to use bias ply tires cause i luv the look.

what tires would you use, where would you buy em minding my budget......if the rear 15inch rims wont work(too rusty) what would you buy to replace em? would you replace all 4 rims or just the rear two.....if so which artillery rims would you buy(which bolt pattern would be easiest to make fit on my 68 camero rear end)......

sorry for the long question.....please help...i want to spend this money on tires before it gets wasted on food or bills

That rear should be 5x4.75. You can get new wheels on a budget. i bought these artillarys for 100.00 each from them at Turlock. Shipping was only 12.00 each if I needed them shipped.

Then got home and ordered 4 of these from them. But I had them make them for me in 15".

Get your tires from Coker if you can.

Can't help you with the wheel questions cause I had the same type of decision problems you're having. Bias ply wide whites should look bitchen on that truck. Lots of manufacturers, mostly good. I always order tires thru Discount tire. Those guys are always dependable. They can order just about anything for you.

I used Lucas also... very reasonable compared to other more well known expensive bias ply's

Attachments

• downsized_0309091914.jpg
    downsized_0309091914.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 14
i used coker for my bias plys, people have had problems with the radials and blowouts. i think most bias ply blowouts are from air pressure issues. you cant beat the pie crust skinny bias plys man.

Latest posts

Back