convertible pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeke51

I have a 48 f1 that I have chopped. I am now thinking of taking the top off all together.
Anybody have any insight to doing this? What kind of bracing and where? Etc., etc., and of course etc.!

I have a 48 f1 that I have chopped. I am now thinking of taking the top off all together.
Anybody have any insight to doing this? What kind of bracing and where? Etc., etc., and of course etc.!

theres a thread in here somewhere, ill look but im sure someone will know exactly where to go to find it...

convertible p/u

That would be great. I did several searches and came up with nothing. It cant be all that gnarley..........maybe.....??? Thanks for this and any help you can give.

My freind did one but I just looked for the pictures and can not find them. I know he fasten the back of the cab to the kick ups on the frame and incorporated a roll bar into the rear of the cab

0907cct_01_z+1939_chevy_convertible_pickup_truck+front_side_shot.jpggoogle convertible pickup

Last edited:
I did it with my 47 it turned out fine.....a important part is the stiffener under the door sill I used a piece of 1/4 or 3/16 by 2" angle and tied in the post at the hinges and door latch. plus I tied in the seat mount and drive line tunnel to the door post. hope that's clear I think I have some pictures in my post "My Build"

Good luck and have fun.....Doug [;)

here's some pictures first I tied in the floor and seat riser to the door posts.
2nd pic & 3rd the 2x2 angle welded to the door sill, had to curve it a little, the horizontal side is the important area for sheer it would be even better if it was 3"
4th you can see where the seat riser is welded to the post.

Attachments

• 028_28.JPG
    028_28.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 001_1.JPG
    001_1.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 002_2.JPG
    002_2.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 025_25.JPG
    025_25.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 15
great pics!! Thanks for the info too. You have a clean ride, nice job and documenting the build. Thanks again to all of you who helped with info. This is one of the better forums out there!

Latest posts

Back