Cool Old Dodge

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendle

Swapped jobs a little while back and this cool old thing is parked in the yard of the new place. It belongs to a friend of the owner and he doesn't know much about it.
I did a little googling and it looks like they were made in the UK and most had Perkins diesels.
Anyone know any more?

IMG_20121208_120532.jpg

IMG_20121208_120548.jpg

IMG_20121208_120611.jpg

IMG_20121208_120624.jpg

Its like a power wagon got with a B series truck and this was the offspring... Super cool though.. Being a ravid mopar fanatic I never have seen one of these.

I saw a guy using one as a semi awhile back. It sounded like it had a Detroit in it tho. I will see if I still have the pic I took.

as far as I know they are an English Dodge (may have come as a fargo as well) built in an English factory at a place called Kew (hence the name) also the source of the 250.6 cu in sidevalve six used by Chrysler Australia durig the 50s which had KEW as the start of their engine number. I believe many of these trucks were fitted with these motors as well but there were diesels too.

Wow. Forgot that I posted this, must have dropped back a few pages...

I believe they are newer than they look, too. Like mid to late 50's?

That's wendle's pilot house on later Holden chassis in the back ground. I think these KEW trucks are similar age to the pilot house trucks which in Australia ran through to the early 1960s.

Latest posts

Back