Cool section of an old Ford bed.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I saved it from the snapping jaws of the crusher. It was the back of a flatbed and really bent up, I spent a good hour getting it straight. I've seen quite a few Ford script stake beds but this is the first one with the word truck.

jeep.jpg
Cool or what?

I was just measuring and if I slide the two words together I can weld them in the rectangle on my Model A tailgate on the rpu. I'd cut it about right where those stake pocket rivet holes are and take that middle part out, weld it back together.

Got her home. Kinda rough, no engine. Savable? probably, got the title. It was another great day picking. We were right where close encounters (on location) shots were filmed. Besides the fleetline, a Ford front axle with bent wishbones (what years had the bent bones?) A decent pair of vintage superior aluminum slots, model A bumper, the best parts.....drum roll please... a number 5 Newhouse wolftrap with US markings and my picking buddy found a big porcelain Texaco sign. Same pick, next load, a pretty darned straight and very complete 64 Lincoln and a 26-27 T roadster remains, just the back part of the tub, subframe and one door.
One other interesting thing, one shed we are walking about 3 feet off the floor in wankel snowmobile engine parts. weird. The old timer still has 2 nice ones he rides and a very sweet Johnson snowmobile cutter sleigh, only one I've ever seen.

Latest posts

Back