Cool tire

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you going to make it an Art pc. Take it to the next level.

Tire Clock

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 34
way cool... I`d turn that into a one leg table with glass on top of it. Awesome in the mancave... or living when not married... lol

Did Ford actually have a Tire plant? I would think they had a special run done with there Logo?

I don't know for sure, but wouldn't doubt it if they did. I do know they had their own rubber plantations in South America. Ole Henry wanted to control every inch of the production of everything that went into his cars. His vision of the River Rouge plant was raw materials coming in one end, new Ford cars coming out the other end. He owned the coal used in the furnaces, the iron ore used in the steel, and the wood used in the bodies came from Ford owned forests. A side note, the leftover wood scraps were turned into charcoal, which is still sold under the Kingsford name. He didn't believe in wasting anything.

Ford was good friends with Harvey Firestone, so it's possible that Ford tires were actually produced by Firestone for Ford, using Ford's raw rubber.

Re: Henry's rubber plants in S. America...He tried to impose his own morals and customs on the locals he employed, with the result that his project fell flat on its face. The town he built is still there, abandoned in the jungle.

Latest posts

Back