Cop stops Camaro doing 171... just wondering if it's anybody we know!?!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is flying fore sure. weren't me them cars are to ugly for me. i like, no i didn't know i was going that fast.

I can only think of one guy on here with a hot rod new Camaro! Wonder if he's cooling his heels in clink right now?

Toad

Well...I know it wasn't me....

At least chasing him....our explorers all have the non eco boost V6's...won't do 120...besides...isn't worth killing yourself over unless they killed someone...171...man...that is F.......A...........S.........T!!

Maybe the Sgt. could answer this?

How did they clock him at 171? [S

Do "normal" traffic radar guns go that high? I'm also wondering what road is level, straight & maintained well enough for car to reach those speeds? Also, what kind of odds must there be against going that fast and not exploding into another car? This guy must have the reaction timing of the best Indy car drivers.

More I think about the more I'm think this is BS.

Yes the radar will read it....

Maybe the Sgt. could answer this?

How did they clock him at 171? [S

Do "normal" traffic radar guns go that high? I'm also wondering what road is level, straight & maintained well enough for car to reach those speeds? Also, what kind of odds must there be against going that fast and not exploding into another car? This guy must have the reaction timing of the best Indy car drivers.

More I think about the more I'm think this is BS.

They all read triple digits...at least the ones we use....but it's very hard to buy the 171....possible? Maybe....under perfect conditions....honestly....unless I had been given a BOL for a murder suspect driving a Camaro at that speed.....I'd wavy and wait for the call on the car embedded in the bridge, tree or a roll over into a field...but that's just me... :D

Maybe our friend from New Mexico, DMW56 was visiting northern Minnesota. Actually, our roads are so bad you can hardly go the speed limit. I think there's some exaggeration going on here.

Bob!!! We've been warning you for years about this kind of behavior !!! :eek::eek::eek::D And who was that young lady in the car with you ?? :cool:

Hey... I'm still here hackin' on my laptop... weren't me!

I can only think of one guy on here with a hot rod new Camaro! Wonder if he's cooling his heels in clink right now?

I agree with Mr Toad!

Maybe our friend from New Mexico, DMW56 was visiting northern Minnesota. Actually, our roads are so bad you can hardly go the speed limit. I think there's some exaggeration going on here.

Since he hasn't chimed in to defend himself... I'm startin' to wonder!!!

BoB

They all read triple digits...at least the ones we use....but it's very hard to buy the 171....possible? Maybe....under perfect conditions....honestly....unless I had been given a BOL for a murder suspect driving a Camaro at that speed.....I'd wavy and wait for the call on the car embedded in the bridge, tree or a roll over into a field...but that's just me... :D

OK…I can believe that a LEO pointing his radar gun at an on coming car at night could read the @ 171. However, here's where physics come into play. If the LEO is passed by the car going 171mph. while his squad is sitting still, unless his squad is a Hellcat with a rocket strapped to it could not possibly get close enough to pull the guy over. 171 mph is 2.85 mile per minute. So even if the Squad could get to 60mph in 3 sec. like a Hellcat, the Camero has almost 3 mi. on him.:eek:

The only plausible reasoning I could imagine the guy WANTED proof his Camero
could hit that speed and the traffic ticket would be his bragging rights.

THAT I would believe.

:D:D:D:

Can't seem to get my Admin to go for HellCats

or anything for that matter....lol...as for the Explorers....they are ok...but wouldn't catch up to or even get near any of these new muscle cars....no way no how....only hope is the Radio....that moves faster than them all...but what would you do? Stop sticks? Yeah...cause him to wreck....can you spell
L a w s u i t? It's not worth even trying....and I wouldn't and none of my officers better even try it....besides...can't do 100 on our roads...you'd rattle your teeth loose....just my 2 cents....

OK…I can believe that a LEO pointing his radar gun at an on coming car at night could read the @ 171. However, here's where physics come into play. If the LEO is passed by the car going 171mph. while his squad is sitting still, unless his squad is a Hellcat with a rocket strapped to it could not possibly get close enough to pull the guy over. 171 mph is 2.85 mile per minute. So even if the Squad could get to 60mph in 3 sec. like a Hellcat, the Camero has almost 3 mi. on him.:eek:

The only plausible reasoning I could imagine the guy WANTED proof his Camero
could hit that speed and the traffic ticket would be his bragging rights.

THAT I would believe.

:D:D:D:

IF the LEO started accelerating at the exact same time the Camaro went past him, he would be roughly 1/8 mile behind the Camaro 3 seconds after the camaro went past (neglecting any movement of the LEO). Not 3 miles.... Plenty of time and close enough to turn on his lights for the Camaro to see.

You need to divide your 2.85 by 60 again to get it in miles per second, which is 0.0475.

IF the LEO started accelerating at the exact same time the Camaro went past him, he would be roughly 1/8 mile behind the Camaro 3 seconds after the camaro went past (neglecting any movement of the LEO). Not 3 miles.... Plenty of time and close enough to turn on his lights for the Camaro to see.

You need to divide your 2.85 by 60 again to get it in miles per second, which is 0.0475.

Of course the Camero driver would see the lights as 171 mph is not past the Speed of light. No question about it. The officer would only need to hit the light switch.

I was talking about catching the Camero, as in chasing him and pulling up behind him.

He's a video that I believe would tell you how fast the Squad car would have to travel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UvJcne5lro

;)

Have fun

Of course the Camero driver would see the lights as 171 mph is not past the Speed of light. No question about it. The officer would only need to hit the light switch.

I was talking about catching the Camero, as in chasing him and pulling up behind him.

He's a video that I believe would tell you how fast the Squad car would have to travel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UvJcne5lro

;)

Have fun

I solved that in about 15 seconds only seeing the problem. I'm an engineer that enjoys math problems :p;)[cl

Unfortunately that doesn't take into account acceleration, which in our case we would have to and is more complex.

I solved that in about 15 seconds only seeing the problem. I'm an engineer that enjoys math problems :p;)[cl

Unfortunately that doesn't take into account acceleration, which in our case we would have to and is more complex.

So, Mr. Big Brain, :D here's the extra Data:

" In the LASD's 0-60 miles-per-hour acceleration test, the all-wheel drive Interceptor Sedan with the 3.5-liter V6 EcoBoost sprinted there in 5.8 seconds, compared to 6.6 seconds for the rear-drive 5.7-liter V8 Dodge Charger and 6.7 seconds for the 6.0-liter V8 Chevrolet Caprice."

- http://www.autoblog.com/2015/11/30/ford-police-testing-results/

>The Squad was sitting when passed at the alleged 171mph.
> A reasonable reaction time & pull out on to the Highway 15sec+/- ?
> 0-60mph data above should give you an acceleration rate

How fast does the Squad have to go to catch up to the Camero and how far will the chase last.

The premise that the mere observation of a Squad car's red lights would constitute a surrender by the alleged speeding Camero is mute.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back