copper

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Countryss

If i run hard copper for my fuel line from pump to carb would it harm anything? also i want to run a copper line from the top radiator to the water neck. let me know what you guys think

Copper has a pretty high expansion rate so make sure and leave room. Also remember copper anneals opposite of steel, it gets very hard and brittle from vibration and is softened by heating. I think you will be ok on the fuel line but from the radiator to engine you will need to allow for movement somehow, maybe a short section of rubber at each end..

well at each end i was going to attach it with rubber clamps at the water neck and the same at the top of the radiator.

Copper is also very soft. I think you may have leaks at the radiator area where the clamps will be. You may have to be constantly retorquing them.

I would just use a piece of stainless on the water hoses.

I'd get a small chunk of rubber fuel hose on one end of the copper line to avoid the hardening, and possible splitting that can occur from vibration.

Latest posts

Back