corvair pick ups

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen one customized.
The production numbers were so low that even seeing one in stock form would be rare.

I owned 5 corvairs at one time, one was a 64 Spider Convertible. I kept 4 in the backyard for spare parts to keep my convertible running. Actually great little cars, regardless of what Ralph Nader said.

Here are some pictures of stock pickups, couldn't find any customized ones, but it wouldn't take a lot of imagination to make one of these cool. One thing you could do is put in a tube grille like the ones they sold for regular corvairs. That would dress up the front end a little.

Don

Attachments

• corvair.jpg
    corvair.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 30
  • corvair 2.jpg
    corvair 2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 32
  • corvair 3.jpg
    corvair 3.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 32
I used to drive by 2 for sale up north of Emory Texas. I stopped and looked them over once and was thinking how easy it might be to plant something like a supercharged Bonneville engine back there. Just thinking

Randy, I only found one picture of a customized one and the site won't let me download it, but here, try this:

rides.webshots.com/photo/1150741179046965405eXaYFF

Don

Randy, I only found one picture of a customized one and the site won't let me download it, but here, try this:

rides.webshots.com/photo/1150741179046965405eXaYFF

Don

Is this it Don?

Racedude, I'm working on it. Probably a tough find though. I remember some but I can't find them in my pics right now.

Then there's this:confused:

Not only pickups, there is a Corvair van also. There is one rotting away up in the hills here, used to be a TV repair van. Remember when you actually repaired a TV?

They are kinda cool, but the rear engine thing makes them iffy to me.

Hodag

Latest posts

Back