corvett project ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herby

new to this site but seems like the kind of project I would like --I am not a sslick finish type--I guess I am kind of a naatural "rat rod"--know my wife would 2nd that!!---Ok ran into a n 88 corvett--body poor--maby "rattie" is the word but drives out ok--no leaks and looks like not abused or messed with in engin compartment. Is this something to remove plastic down to pan then add ??? any ideas or problems?? thanks--Price is $2200-- maby 2K--auto tran

Last edited:
NO!!! The Corvette purists will hunt you down!:eek::D Just messin. Why not fix the Vette and sell it to buy something that you know will look good when you "Rat" it? I'm not too sure how a Corvette will look after removing "plastic" as you said..[S..Just my .02 ...CR:D

A kid I work with used a full corvette frame,with suspension front and rear. Put a 53/54 ford pickup on it..Just needed to run spacers to bring the wheels out a little farther.

I'm thinking that would be one heck of a drive train and suspension to start with. Might not look too pretty fenderless though.

I have dismantled quite a few vettes and you will find that it will be dog ugly without the body on it. The frame is a true perimiter frame and you sit wy down inside of it. Also the main hoop over the driver is steel. Best bet is to strip the drive train out of it, sell off all of the body parts and put it all into an older body. just My $.02

Latest posts

Back