Cost of steel.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBeNormal

I have to go buy steel tomorrow for my frame.[cl I was givin a list.

2x4x1/8 square tube
2x6x1/8 square tube
2in round tube

Can any of y'all give me a ball park price per foot so I don get sticker shock tomorrow afternoon

Please and thanks
:D

I'd pm donsrods. gastrick, or another Florida member, they will be more in tune with your market and may have suggestions on where to shop.
Call around too, prices vary between companies quite a bit.

Oh well on the thicker steel. Hopefully all I got will work good. [S. I believe I got everything requested to the tune of 450 dollars :eek: so now the fun begins. All new custom frame [cl

Sorry, I just saw this thread. I have lost track of steel prices and usually get sticker shock when I go in to pick it up. :eek: Just out of curiousity, what are you using that 6 inch stuff for ? That is pretty stout.
Don

yeah
i know how ya feel.
i was at my no-fun job for most of my last build.

Yeah I understand that I picked up another job to pay for the work and to pay off some bills at the same time. So hopefully I get over there to help out he has givin me free reign to come by and help watch or whatever I want to do which is cool.

There is a big machine shop 2 blocks from work, they have awesome buying power - semi loads of iron in and out of the building. Last fall I bought 4 pieces of 2x4 3/16 27 foot long for a $100.00 a stick and they have piles of drop steel they said they would sell out of for scrap price.

Latest posts

Back