Could we have a section for "Stupid Questions" ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a stupid question. I see the terms AD and binder used to describe truck cabs. Growing up in the south the only binder I ever heard of was a piece of farm equipment. What is an AD and binder?

AD, Advanced Design, means the 47 to 54 (ok, first series 55 for you nit pickers) Chevy pickups. Binder is an International anything, including corn binder from whence the name came.
Also I have a set of those manifold stretchers. Mainly made to use on small block chevys, just another reason I strongly dislike those junky little engines.

International- International Harvester- Corn Binder- Farmall- Binder- Cornfield Caddilac- 13 Letter Fertilizer Spreader

Drove a International 9900i semi for 8 years, heard all the names for them.

As for stupid questions, they're only stupid if you know the answer and are too stupid to remember it. We've all been there, done that!:eek:

junky little engines?

Willowbilly3 ; small block chevys, I strongly dislike those junky little engines.

junk? the most versatile engine in the world, cheap horsepower, reliable, parts interchangeability and will go fore ever if maintenand,

l got 3OO,OOO miles out of my 283 in my 1966 chevelle and it still started and ran till the day l pulled it out. most of mine l get over 15OO,OOO miles out of.

SBC's may be belly button motors, overly used, too common, ugly and often over looked , but never junk.

l've been running SBC,s for 45+ years and they've always been good to me. l can't say that about a lot of other brand's and none of'em lived as long for me as SBC motors.

Later :cool:

Latest posts

Back