Couldnt help myself

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B KNUCK,

Man, your truck's looking FANTASTIC! It's really pulled together and looks to me like a fluid, complete package. :cool:

Diggin' on your bud's cool IH, too. I assume he's leaving it fenderless? Kudos to him if he is! I wouldn't mind seeing some more pics of that bad boy, too.:cool:

Regards,
Shea:)

P.S. Congrats on "BEST PAINT":D With all that metalcarving, I don't think ANY colour but what it is would suit it!:cool:

:DI know its been a while since I have posted, but I got burned out a bit and needed a break. Well I am back at it again, I am need of a TRI-POWER or DUAL-QUAD set up for my truck. A 1960 thru 1964 set up should work for my 389 Pontiac. I did install a gear with a thumper cam, should sound really wicked. I think a nice intake system would top it out very nice.

Thanks Curt

P.S. HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND GOD BLESS

I know its been some time since I last posted, but I really got burned out on my project. I am glad to say I am back at it, I started cleaning up the loose ends on the cab. The belt line below the window was completly rusted out so I had to make a new on. I have a friend thats doing the motor and should be ready next week. Here are some pics of my progress. Oh one more thing,I have seen alot of guys using pipes, wood, jacks, sticks, coat hanger, ect to hold sheet metal panels in place. I came up with using tie down straps, you can adjust each one to what you need. By using this method you can adjust a whole panel before welding. I thought someone might want to try it.

Curt

Attachments

• 100_0445.jpg
    100_0445.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 100_0444.jpg
    100_0444.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 100_0449.jpg
    100_0449.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 100_0446.jpg
    100_0446.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 100_0448.jpg
    100_0448.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 132
That is one AWESOME build BK! [cl I can't wait to see what you do to it next.Keep up the great work and keep us posted.

Shocks and Air bags

I am almost finished with my front suspention, I just need the correct nuts and bolts to finish. I should get my motor from the shop next week and get it painted and installed........ I hope.....LOL. i Did do some work on my cab... all the inside metal, door and window regulators....

Curt

Last edited:
Just finished reading this whole build thread and it's awesome!! Then I went over to the H*** and read that entire thread and those guys are a bunch of anal retentive aholes!!! Keep up the good work..

Tip

[cl[Pawsome tip....... looking good what more can i say!!!![cl[dr[cl

It works great when your doing a chop....... I used a cherry picker placed over the cab and then attached the clamps to the top and pulled the top into place before welding. It worked out near perfect and was far easier than using some kind of bracing inside to get the conture back.

Curt

BK, I see your sweet project created a poop storm over at the H--B. Too many critics with too much spare time, I'd say. Some of them are hot rod restorer types that can't appreciate your artistry & creativity. Gee, was that a rant?
Anyway, keep up the great work. When do you expect to have it on the road?

Thanks guys

Here are some pics of my front air bag shop set up...... I know I caused a total poo storm over at the other site. I have been watching all the members who gave me crap about my so called (CHUMPERS BUILD). The one that gave me the most crap lost his house and shop and had to rent another one with a room in it...AH TOO FN BAD. I did write to remind him I still have my home and dont have to live in my garage.... The other idiot lost his car over a 20.00 dollar fix it tickect that ended up costing him about 400.00 when all said and done, his name is (CRACKERASS) I told him its more (TRADTIONAL TO PAY YOUR TICKETS) LOL... The other one (LANDSEAANDAIR) who siad it looked like some clingon design from star track, hasnt posted a single regaurding pic of his build. All he dose is cruise the site busting everyones balls.I wrote him after he gave some else grief about what they like and I told him to post what he has or shut up (still no posting) WOW with that said, there is know place like home...Thanks guys I know where I belong, right here with all of you....I am very glad to have all of your support.....:)

Attachments

• 100_0450.jpg
    100_0450.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 212
  • 100_0451.jpg
    100_0451.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 110
  • 100_0452.jpg
    100_0452.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_0454.jpg
    100_0454.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 197
im diggin the sideways shocks.. very cool..

sorry to hear about your "poo" storm.. over at the other site.. thats why i dont share my build anywhere but here and the kb.. although this is definitely my home base.. best bunch of guys i think..

i think i read you getting some grief at the ruff rod forum too.. some guys just don't like to see people trying something different..

i know mine wouldnt go over well at many places either.. so i just choose not to share it with them.. but hey we are building these things for ourselves.. not for their approval.. so keep at it man

Guys thinking outside the box is what rodding is all about. What do you think they said to the first guy that stripped down a model t to make it go faster. Do it you're way, but please post pics! ha ha

Looking great man!!! I've been working on a rocker setup on mine too. Going to be running coilovers sideways, but enough about mine, keep up the awsome work!

Looking great man!!! I've been working on a rocker setup on mine too. Going to be running coilovers sideways, but enough about mine, keep up the awsome work!

I really love what you have got going on your build.Let me know if you need any advice on building your rocker system, I am no pro but I learned a few things building mine. Your truck is one of the better builds I have looked at.

Curt

Last edited:
im diggin the sideways shocks.. very cool..

sorry to hear about your "poo" storm.. over at the other site.. thats why i dont share my build anywhere but here and the kb.. although this is definitely my home base.. best bunch of guys i think..

i think i read you getting some grief at the ruff rod forum too.. some guys just don't like to see people trying something different..

i know mine wouldnt go over well at many places either.. so i just choose not to share it with them.. but hey we are building these things for ourselves.. not for their approval.. so keep at it man

I agree....... Thanks for your support..... Now get back to building that BAD ASS machine...... I want to see that baby on the road.....

Curt

Latest posts

Back