Country music has lost a legend today

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

Fans of real country music are mourning the loss of a legend today. Merle Haggard passed away today on his birthday at 79. I don't listen to country much, but grew up on it and when I do listen, it's to the legends like Merle, Waylon, Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash, not the so called country crap they have out today. RIP Merle, a true American Icon.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...?intcmp=hplnws

Although I was not a huge fan of Merle....

I Still understand that he was a major player in the country music industry...RIP Merle Haggard..

RIP Merle

I just watched a Merle Haggard concert at Billy Bobs, on AXS tv from 2004 and the crowd loved him, hadn't lost a step. "I lived a grand life" he said. We wont have a lot of legends like him in our lifetimes. Cash, Jones, now Haggard.

A true legend

I helped put a band together. The first song I sang on stage was" Mama Tried". His music was easy to play and had built in soul. Gonna miss him.

I saw him in concert in Tulsa ,ok late last year. He cancelled due to pneumonia and came later in the year. It was a super concert and he sang with the true soul and love of the people. Rest in peace old legend.

Latest posts

Back