Courier frames

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jammero

I have read in a few post's Courier frames were used in some of the projects. I have two Couriers, one long and one short wheel base. Can someone tell me what early bodies will work on them and and a bit of the modifications that would be needed to make them fit.

If you already have your body,I would set it up on the frame that you have.I am sure you will need to make body mounts and some other brackets.If the body is still on the old frame.Measure the wheel base to detemine which frame that you can use.I know alot of guys tha use the early 47-50's trucks on those little frames.They seem to work out. I personally have never used one.It should not be much of an issue.Alot of people are using the S-10 frames also with really good results,Being that those frames have huge aftermarket support as far as suspension parts are concerned.You can get a 1-800 air bag kit and just bolt it in for example with very minor fab work.

I used a courier frame under a KB1 IHC body way back in the mid80s when I was a kid, I was like 14 when I started putting it together. All I can really say is that I needed wide offset rims to fill the front fenders and also, the courier frames are completely boxed which is usually really cool, but in my case, there was a bunch of hidden rust going on from the inside out, Ive seen that alot on early Bronco frames too. That will likely not be a problem for you though if you don't have the salty road winters,hehehe. Here is a crappy pic of that project from way back when. The one pic is of me on it's maiden voyage, no front end attached, just a rope to hold the hood down, hehehe, what can I say, I was just a punk kid with crazy ideas,hehehe. Looks like a ratrod before there was a term,hehehe.........

KB2.jpg

Originally, I kept the 2.3 "pinto" motor for the first summer and then I swapped in a 351W and converted the two-piece driveshaft to a single which I think came from an old thunderbird and I couldnt have lucked out better as it fit perfect with a dual-pattern u-joint. That setup was sweet but I had to mount the stock manifolds on opposite sides to make room for the outlets. Eventually it blew and I swapped the whole thing for a smallblock powered 240Z, I know, what the heck was I thinking,hehehe, my disclaimer is that I was just a kid,hehehe........

I have a complete '49 F-1, George.

100_0517MA21393837-0001.jpg

I threw a rod in it over 20 years ago. It has been sitting out back since and now I'm in the process of putting it back on the road.
The reason for this post about the Courier frames is that I was hoping someone would tell me the '20s or '30s pickup or car bodies would fit.
By the way, what is a 1-800 air bag kit?

That was a cool truck you had SmallBlock Jimmy. My first car was a '53 Ford coup, but at the time it was only 13 years old and I was 16.

I have a complete '49 F-1, George.

100_0517MA21393837-0001.jpg

I threw a rod in it over 20 years ago. It has been sitting out back since and now I'm in the process of putting it back on the road.
The reason for this post about the Courier frames is that I was hoping someone would tell me the '20s or '30s pickup or car bodies would fit.
By the way, what is a 1-800 air bag kit?

That was a cool truck you had SmallBlock Jimmy. My first car was a '53 Ford coup, but at the time it was only 13 years old and I was 16.

As far as the 20's to 30's cars and trucks go.You will need to know the wheelbases.If the
wheelbase is correct just cut off the rear portion of the frame that you dont need and or lenthen the rear also.

My 35 chevy sedan has a 110" wheelbase.But my 29 Pontiac coupe has 104" wheelbase
The 1800- air bag kit meant that you could just call in a local reatailer and order parts that would be direct fit for the S-10 chassis.

Latest posts

Back