Covid

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redidbull

After 3 plus years of ducking Covid our luck ran out. Wife and I are both positive. Feel ok til temp spikes. Almost 103F yesterday. Went to the walk-in and got some Paxaloid and started taking it yesterday. Her with asthma and me over 65 DR recommended it. Jim

Hope u get over it fast!!

I'm with sno, never had it but then I've never tested myself for it.

Hope this doesn't go sideways again!

Going around here again too. I had it before they knew what it was.
It’s basically a bad flu, it affects some worse than others. Good luck with it.

Thanks all. It is definitely making a come back. My Wife was the Public Health town running the clinics and I volunteered there and never got it. Mornings and evenings are the worst. And my Wife wonders why I want to go live on top of a mountain alone. :) Jim

I got lambasted when I mentioned it on another forum when the "plandemic" first started. One word...Ivermectin! I've been on it for years. Never got the crap and never got the jab either. All my close neighbors either had it or had contact with family that had. The old guy here, with several things in my past that should make me susceptible skated on thru!

Hope you heel fast!

I am a firm believer in doing whatever an indivdual.thinks is best for them do it. I know people that didn't take the Vax and didn't get it and those like me and my who have taken it and got it. It is like the flu shot. Ever 100%. Not sure if you know how they decide the mix on flu shots here is they look and see what happened in Australua and New Zealand ver their flu season and make a calculated guess. That is why it is sometimes not very good.With my Wife being from that world I choose, I like to THINK I choose, to follow her recommendation. I'm 66 married to her for 38 years so something is working. Stay well. Jim

I got lambasted when I mentioned it on another forum when the "plandemic" first started. One word...Ivermectin! I've been on it for years. Never got the crap and never got the jab either. All my close neighbors either had it or had contact with family that had. The old guy here, with several things in my past that should make me susceptible skated on thru!

Hope you heel fast!

IVERMECTIN !!!! Going on 4 yrs now............

Me and the wife got the Vax....made me feel "safe" when I did. We both still got Covid. Maybe the Vax gave us a easier time, who knows. I had a tough time breathing with it. I did get a PE after a surgery that some blame on the Vax but I also have Prothombin II as well, but never a clot issue until last year at 66.

I was one of those freaked out by it when it first came along, I wouldn't let the wife do the food shopping and everything I brought home got wiped down with a clorox wipe. Many of my friends thought I was crazy.....

Smalls, just curious, why are you on Ivermectin? I took it when I got Covid and have a supply of it here just in case.

It has many uses. Seems many kinds of parasitic diseases respond to it. It's been used on humans and many animals since 1980s. That's where the nay sayers get the ("you take horse wormer?) routine. The Ivermectin can be purchased in pill form for humans. I've treated my horse for years with it in paste form and my veterinarian told me I could use it on my dogs too for a host of different problems without having to get wormers, and other expensive medicines. The deal during covid shutdown, I believe was that big pharma did not want to tout anything out of patent dates because they wouldn't make any money on it. I did not want to take any vaccine that had been rushed thru production. And I read now that there have been some problems with it. Of the 2 times I have seriously been close to death, it was medications ordered by doctors that caused it. I look sideways when I hear from a doctor that I'll have to take those meds for the rest or my life... I told my heart dr. and my G.P. that I wanted to wean myself off of their drugs and they both vehemently denied wisdom of doing that. I am not supposed to be here now. I left the hospital in 2015 with the warning to go home, get your affairs in order, and live as sedately as possible for my short time. Ok, well, it's 2023. I haven't exactly lived sedately. Heart muscles weren't supposed to heal. I don't take any pills. If I don't look alive, walk up and slap me!

Several of our friends got it again in the last two weeks & we've had some close calls but have avoided it so far! I'm pretty isolated out in the boonies but Mrs Tripper is a Realtor so she's around people more. And believe me it's still no joke, we've lost several family members & one of our neighbors got a bad case & wound up with serious heart & lung problems that will be with him for the rest of his life... caution is the word! :eek:

BoB

this is intriguing ...

Mrs Crate got 2 vax hits, i chose not to .. it caused a little stress but we coped.

when we got covid (both once & same time), we both had similar symptoms for around a week, neither worse off , junior crate had symptoms for 2-3 days (no vax) was bored bored bored...

bloke at work probably the fittest of us all had 4 vax hits, when i arrived back work, he truly believed i must have been nearly dead, even asking how long i was in hospital ! recently the cold i had was far worse...

i havent tried ivermectin, but understand some base virus components may have come from our bovine friends (???) i suspect we will never know anymore than conjecture ..

when our Pm (president) said quite clearly " we are your one source of truth"" dont believe anything you find on social media , blah blah blah .. i said to mrs c "well thats the first lie"..

she quit , and her 2IC is now saying 'all NZers had a choice to be vaccinated'
despite the mandate they strung us along with here

well thats enough from me .. im not typing this from a rabbit hole., i have tried to look at a larger picture,,,

for all the people who have made it through .. and sadly for those that havent...

thanks (chur) for reading
no rant , just a few random thoughts.. sigh

I think the thing that bothered me the most was the politicizing of it all. Like I said earlier it should be left up to the individual. That is in terms of the vax. I do believe that in certain environments masks should be worn. It is an easy thing with no downside unless you have breathing problems. I have to say seeing Desantis yell at the kids on stage with him, "take off those stupid masks" ****ed me off. The kids didn't know what to do. I listen to a radio show and they often say, be nice to each other. You never know what the other person is going through. I work with a woman I had known for many years at another job. She wears a mask. Didn't think anything of it. Talking to her one day she says her dad has bad cancer and she wears a mask to prevent bringing anything home to him.
On another note, I come off quarantine tomorrow and feeling OK. Hoping for no rebound. Wife has 1 more day and she too is doing OK. Sunday was scary but other days weren't too bad. Worse than a cold.More like a flu but with out the stomach issues. Stay safe all. Jim

Latest posts

Back