Craig's List stickup... be careful cats & kittens!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
We had our own Craig's List stickup right here in H-town. Didn't know there was such a thing but a guy is selling some "collectable" sneakers & meets the buyer in a local park. Guy is met with 3 gun toting cats & gets robbed! Rut row... be careful ya'll!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

I read somewhere the same thing happened to some guy who responded to a car for sale. He got held up and the cash he took to purchase the car was stolen. Thieves get more creative all the time. :mad:

Don

This worlds getting to messed up for me, I'm either building a time machine or buying a pistol.

I always have my .357mag hidden when I meet up to deal with guys on C-list and when they come to the house I open carry (most days I do that anyway)

This worlds getting to messed up for me, I'm either building a time machine or buying a pistol.

You're going to buy a pistol? A pistol? I'd venture a guess that most people on this and other car forums probably have multiple pistols, rifles, shotguns etc! One common thread in these CL robberies, the crook had a gun! :eek:

Toad

I'd venture a guess that most people on this and other car forums probably have multiple pistols, rifles, shotguns etc!

Ummmmm... guilty of all charges!!! We Texicans *love* guns!!! [ddd

If anyone *ever* tries to invade Texas... there's gonna be BIG trouble!!! :eek::eek::eek:

The Craigslist B/S started here in little ol Delaware. Guy went to look at a car, got directions to go to the back of a small neighborhood out in the middle of nowhere and when he gets there 3 guys are waiting for him and they take his cash he was carrying to buy the car! They ended up catching the nitwits a few months later. All the news did was tell the rest of the as***les of the world how to make a buck! Sad world we live in today!!!...CR

Guns? In Tennessee?

I know a young man who went to buy a hood for a Camaro. They beat him up and took his $300. I have Parkinsons so I carry "The Judge". It is a revolver that shoots 410 ga. shotgun shells! I don't miss..........T for Texas...T for Tennessee.

Shakey

yeah i usually meet up someplace public to do anything involving money, but i don't have much of that anyway, so it usually doesn't become an issue (as far as getting robbed goes, anyway...) got a job to check out today through CL though, it's kind of freaking me out but it should be alright. got to go way out on a rez though, then i gotta swap a motor and change a trans. at least check it out first and make some kinda deal anyway. guy sounds alright. he's in a wheelchair. may end up with something good outta the deal.

getting robbed for nothing sucks way worse than getting robbed for money --
once had a person break my back window on my truck and and ended up just getting some old cds from me --- thing is the doors didnt lock on that truck... jerk... try the handle first...

i have a nickle plated .38 s&w snub nose.

I always have my .357mag hidden when I meet up to deal with guys on C-list...

By hidden i hope you mean in an IWB holster. I always have my Glock IWB when i'm selling anything. Learned that lesson the hard way at a yard sale my daughter had a few years back.

I bought my '56 Chevy off CL. Later my nephew said "I didn't know you had that kind of cash on you". The other nephew said "You should see what's in his other pocket". His eyes got real big when i showed him the S&W 642 loaded with +P hollow points.

By hidden i hope you mean in an IWB holster. I always have my Glock IWB when i'm selling anything. Learned that lesson the hard way at a yard sale my daughter had a few years back.

I bought my '56 Chevy off CL. Later my nephew said "I didn't know you had that kind of cash on you". The other nephew said "You should see what's in his other pocket". His eyes got real big when i showed him the S&W 642 loaded with +P hollow points.

no im a bigger guy my pants will fall down when i take the gun out

I made a holster that goes on my back righ between my sholder blades i wear a hoodie to hide the buldge, If any one gives me enought stuff to make me feel like i need it i just casually put my hands behind my head and act like they dont bother me. since this is my 1st summer with my ccw im looking into a bond arms 45/4.10 http://www.gundealeronline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BASS4 to keep in my pocket

I can't imagine needing a gun to trade car parts. When I lived in Anchorage I advertised a 59 F-100 that needed some engine work. A couple skeezey looking greasballs showed up and were eyeing everything on my gargae. My (then) wife wisely told me not to sell anymore crap out of the house.
I really don't worry about that stuff at all anymore, life is good in small town western S.D.
However, My Sharps 45-70 and my 17 HMR are both right behind me as I sit at the computer and there is a 22 pistol in the drawer. Not because I expect to need one for anything but a rogue tomcat or skunk. Also I have a 45/410 Thompson Contender laying around here somewhere.

I can't imagine needing a gun to trade car parts.

You would if you lived in this state. The state is so broke it can't even keep it's prisoners locked up. It's a revolving door. Book 'em and let 'em go.

Sadly i think my dad was right. "Some day the only protection there'll be is what you're carrying on your side".

Latest posts

Back