crazy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat33pickmup

International man of mystery!
So ive been trying to send my son pics of the 33 for about 3 weeks now and it hits me, why dont I just tell him to register on RRR? well he is registered now and I get to pick him up from Airport friday afternoon so he can have his monthly time with me. We will be starting on his 49 ford pickup this summer, I told him that when he turned 13 we would start but he is 12 and thats the main time I get to spend with him so I guess we can start early. He will be the one that puts everything in the "build" section when we get started on it. I picked the 49 up in a trade in 2000 my best friend owned it and lost interest and I traded him a 79 Chevy 1/2 ton for it. When Chris bought the truck in '98 Logan was almost 4 years old and fell in LOVE with it so when Chris needed a driver then I jumped at the chance to get him the 49. I done a Camaro subframe, Camaro rear in it for Chris right after he got it and done a bunch of other stuff to it also, from now on anything that will be done will be told by Logan since its his truck. Just bringin everyone up to speed.

Jim

It's great that your son is interested in a rod project and you got him to sign up on the site. I saw his intro and extended a welcome. Now get busy on those trucks. :)

hahahaha Gas, his nickname is Lugnuts for a reason, when he was 2 he would walk up to wheels and just stare at them couldnt even pull him away. He deffinately has the Hotrod bug. Logan builds models and when he is with me he will be working on something "Most" of the time but then again he is a kid and my son, his attention span isnt very long. As for his 49 we will be bringin the frame over from my old place this summer and he can get it all cleaned and painted. We are still looking for a cab in my area to use since his isnt the best and I want it to last a LONG time because it is his first vehicle. Thanks for the welcome and as soon as we get pics we will post them for Lugnuts.

Jim

It's so nice when a Dad (or Mom) gets involved with doing the car building thing with their Kids. I bought my Son's their first project cars when they were 13 or 14 and we have been at it ever since (they are 37 now). I never worried about drugs or them being in trouble whatsoever, and it really teaches them some good lessons and values.

Your Son sounds like a nice Kid from his intro. Really happy to see him aboard. Keep us up to date on the progress.

Don

That is awesome..
I have a 14 month old that keeps trying to get into the garage..
I hope he stays that way when he's older :p
I'll be watching for the build

Dad + Son = Memories

Your son will remember your time together for the rest of his life. He will look back and pull up those memories. Try to make those memories as pleasant as possible. It will be your memories too for sharing with him and others. Keep us posted on the build as it goes. In this world of constant BS some good reports are in high demand.

Latest posts

Back