Cross Country Road Trip

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratdog

Well as I have mentioned on here before my daughter is in the Navy.She is graduating from her sonar op course next monday at the naval base in Victoria, British Columbia. Now that she is done she will be stationed all the way on the other side of Canada in Halifax, Nova Scotia. So I am flying out to Victoria on sunday to drive with her in her car 6000km or 3800 miles to Halifax. We will go thru the US, since it is shorter,and gas and motels are a bit cheaper. Crossing over to Port Angeles in Washington, taking I90 and I94 across past Chicago, stop at home in Ontario for a day or two to see her mom and her old dog and then continue on thru Canada the rest of the way. I am pretty exited to do this trip with my little girl, have not been able to spend much time with her in over a year,so I think this will be a pretty cool trip together. Sea to shining sea.
If anyone has any info of problem areas along that route or anything interesting to look at, appreciate the info.

If you are going I90 wave when you go through Spokane just past the Argonne exit. I'll be on the North side of the highway no doubt lurking in my cube at work.

And a big congrats to your daughter.

Cool trip. I hope I can do something like that with my daughter one day, but she's only nine at the moment. :D

Are you going in a rod, or a daily driver?

Cool trip. I hope I can do something like that with my daughter one day, but she's only nine at the moment. :D

Are you going in a rod, or a daily driver?

Her daily driver, Nissan 350 Z . Should be fun car to drive in.

There is a lot of beautiful country through there. Eastern Washington is about the most awful place I have ever driven through - it rivals Nebraska. That upper part of Idaho is spectacular. Montana is OK, but after you drop down into Wyoming, you really get into some neat scenery. Devils tower, Black hills, and the Badlands.

April is going to be seriously snowy up in the mountains, so the cool passes will still be closed.

Sorry if I offended any of you Eastern Washington guys... :eek:

There is a lot of beautiful country through there. Eastern Washington is about the most awful place I have ever driven through - it rivals Nebraska. That upper part of Idaho is spectacular. Montana is OK, but after you drop down into Wyoming, you really get into some neat scenery. Devils tower, Black hills, and the Badlands.

April is going to be seriously snowy up in the mountains, so the cool passes will still be closed.

Sorry if I offended any of you Eastern Washington guys... :eek:

And this coming from a guy in Iowa. :D:D:D[ddd

congrats to both of you, sounds fun, you'll be pass'n some of our places along the way, let us know if ya need help, or recomendations, (not that we would help ya, we just want to know [ddd ) eastern Wa.won't be the most boring part of the trip.

I have been some of the way thru back in the early eighties, and it all looks pretty good compared to the canadian prairies that we would have to go thru if we went all thru Canada.Sasketchewan and Manitoba ,now that is some boring scenery. As long as we dont get into more snow, we will be happy.

just some ideas, s. i-5, there is a speed check at mile mark 214, Ellensburg good eats at The yellow church, Dear Lodge Mont. has a cool old prison, with a great car collection, Sheridan Wy. is cool, but so is Yellowstone if ya go that way, Devils tower, and Mt Rushmore, are must see type stuff, if ya got the time. Sure I missed a few, not sure if your still look'n for ideas or not, either way, have a great time.

just some ideas, s. i-5, there is a speed check at mile mark 214, Ellensburg good eats at The yellow church, Dear Lodge Mont. has a cool old prison, with a great car collection, Sheridan Wy. is cool, but so is Yellowstone if ya go that way, Devils tower, and Mt Rushmore, are must see type stuff, if ya got the time. Sure I missed a few, not sure if your still look'n for ideas or not, either way, have a great time.

That prison does have a good collection of cars. And while your near Mt. Rushmore, drive by Crazy Horse (don't bother stopping, you can see it from the road just as well) and drive Rte16A - Iron Mountain Rd - a nice little drive.

It's been one of my life long dreams to do a long road trip across the USA, but I'm 51 now, we just started building a new house here in the Philippines, I have spent every cent I possess on it, so I have my doubts whether it will ever happen. :(

Latest posts

Back