Cruisin the Coast 09

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiny1

Callin' him Tiny is like callin' Dirty Harry a bea
My first cruisin the coast has been great so far. I had to come home to repair a header on my truck i turned to sharp and caught a crib and folded the header under the truck about 4" but with the help of a port a power and a burning torch I'll be heading back tomorrow for the rest of the week. Here are a couple hundred pics we took so far. Hope yall enjoy :)

Cruisin the Coast 09

Great Pictures. That one car has really sparked my interest...What kind of CHEVY engine is that??? 1/4 size 283 ??? whats that like a 70 1/4 cid???
It Really Looks Cool...But then again..How??? Why???

Attachments

• 32815f49.jpg
    32815f49.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 4ce21417.jpg
    4ce21417.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 97290b87.jpg
    97290b87.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 45
Great Pictures. That one car has really sparked my interest...What kind of CHEVY engine is that??? 1/4 size 283 ??? whats that like a 70 1/4 cid???

I'm not sure why or how but it was too cool it hurt my feeling seeing those double hump head cut down like that though. I didn't see the guy who owned it i hope to see it again maybe he will be around.

Tripper that bus was awesome it was raining real bad at times didn't get as many pics as i wanted but i hope to see it and more before Sunday.

I'm own my way out the door soon as i post this. later ya ll

I remember reading an article in one of the major magazines back in the 70's about a sbc reduced to a two cylinder in this very same manner. The project was for a motorcycle I believe. There was an off-road racer that used to cut them in half and make V-4's for his off-road race cars but I can't remember his name right now.

Great coverage Tiny1. Thanks. Doesn't Bonehead have one of those buses?

Last edited:
Wow Cruisin The Coast was a Blast!! There were so many cars no way to see them all. We put over 800 miles on the trucks just goofing off cruisin. I also got a ticket in D'Iberville Ms, We were headed to a cruise end and The police were everywhere so were being good lil boys we passed one officer in a parking lot he waved as we went by about 200 yds up the road another one was parked on the right side of the road just before my buddy Ron got to him on comes the lights so Ron gets in the turn lane and keeps going with me behind him I pull off to the right in a parking lot to let the officer go (to get Ron I was thinking because I knew I wasn't speeding or anything) so as I pull in the parking lot on comes the siren well I told me wife no way what did I do. I get out of the truck and he asks from my drivers license and proof of insurance. He started writing the ticket so i didn't think it would do any good to complain so I just stood there thinking that Ron should be getting this ticket not me. I was kinda down about that till he handed it to me and told me why he pulled me over. You can look at the ticket and see why i was pulled over

I just got finished uploading the pics from the wife's camera see only took 1549 pictures! I have them uploaded to my photobucket now. I didn't think i was ever going to get them uploaded . There wasn't many Rats down there I seen daddy crab a time or too he was going one way us another never did get to spend anytime chewing the fat with him we wanted to hookup and do some cruisin with him maybe next time we can.

Guys I hate to complain about others peoples car but if someone doesn't get a hand on the unsafe trash that's being built were all in trouble. I'm glad they hauled them there on trailers because I'd hate to be on the road with some of the mess I seen Don't get me wrong there were some nice safe an wild looking rats running around I'd had rather be safe than sorry for hurting someone. Any way off my soap box here are of a few of the rats I thought were worth showing not that I'm and expert I just know when a front axle moves 3" from side to side when your backing up something aint right. And the guy is steady saying its road worthy I ask him to call me when he was on the road so I can call everybody I knew to tell them to stay off the road..

Oh I almost forgot Ron and myself made the local evening news here is a couple videos from channel 13 in biloxi

Going into Cruise Central on Thursday

Leaving Cruise Central Sunday

Attachments

• Cruisin' Citation.jpg
    Cruisin' Citation.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 09CTC- (1517).jpg
    09CTC- (1517).jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 09CTC- (1512).jpg
    09CTC- (1512).jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 23