Crying over spilt milk

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragons

Ok, this morning I'm drunk and in TEARS over being banned from the pompass ass site. Ok, maybe not "tears" as much as laughing over it. Anyway, someone knocks at the door, my wife's little ankle biters start barking, I get up, one shoe on, one in hand.

There is a guy standing on my porch asking "who owns this truck out here?" I said its my model T (ummm dude, its in my driveway, whos would you think it is?). He says, "you looking for another project?" Ok, sure, I'll bite, what do you have, and how much?

He says "its on my trailer out here, I was moving it to storage after it not selling at the car show. I was asking $2700 at the show, and I could probably get $700-800 for it, but if you want it, it is a '47 Studebaker truck, I'll take $200". :D

Now, I sure the heck didnt wake up thinking, boy, I need a Stude project, but for two bills, ok, twist my arm. [cl

100_5415a.jpg

100_5416a.jpg

100_5421.jpg

The body is pretty damn straight. The bed is full of the motor and tons of spare parts. Life is good sometimes.

WOW!!! I wish someone would knock on my door with a deal like that. I might even consider installing a doorbell now!!! $200... u gots 2 b kiddin'!!! :eek:

BoB

Your 1 lucky sob lol thats great man do you want to sell it

I have no idea what I want to do yet. That isn't "fishing", just no idea yet. Not exactly like I woke up thinking "I wish I had a Stude truck".

WOW!!! I wish someone would knock on my door with a deal like that. I might even consider installing a doorbell now!!! $200... u gots 2 b kiddin'!!! :eek:

BoB

LMAO on the doorbell. About once a year, someone knocks on the door with a smoking deal. A few years back is was a 34 Dodge coupe body for $400.

Maybe you are right. What if they rang the buzzer thinking it worked and never bothered knocking. Dangitt, now I wont sleep tonight worrying. THANKS :mad:

:D

I would love to find a studie in any condition around here. People here don't even know what they are......I love em' I think it comes from my childhood. One of my friends dads had a bunch of them, 43 pickup three champ pickups a couple champions a lark wagon (my favorite), bullit nose coupe, president even a tractor truck and of coarse an avanti. Dang how could I forget, five hawks...

sorry for the ramble....

so what site banned u so we can bycott it..later[S[S
Trust fund baby and the Hamb. No sweat, the biggest reason I changed IDs over there was I was drifting away, tired of the drama and needed a fresh start.
Man you guys on here must be livin right or something, nothing like that ever happens to me.

The sun shines on a dogs ass now and then. I figure it was Karma saying "the other site blows, things will be better from now on".

West side of Phoenix right? :D 'Cause 'nothin like that happens on the east side :D Good for you!

EXTREEME west side, on the AZ/Cali border :D

Being a Studebaker fanatic.....all I can say is I HATE YOU! J/K.....great catch even if you did have to get up to answer the door :D

what he doesn't know is that this is the J.W.'s new approach...they start by selling you a project car/truck....THEN come back later to try and convert ya!:D.....just messin w/ya.......
and BTW a nice deal and cool project[cl

The only people that come knocken on my door are usually lookin to change my reigon.

Answer the door in your underwear.... I did once and they don't come back anymore.... ;)

and to the OP... Wow.. I could never get that lucky.. I'll give you your money back... :D

Latest posts

Back