Cummins powered

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

learaviator

Our 12 valve Cummins powered rat rod, yes it is scary .....

Attachments

• 2012-01-28_17-43-42_547.jpg
    2012-01-28_17-43-42_547.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 119
One of the boats we ran here in inlet back in 1980`s-90`s had a pair of 4bt cummins.They ran and ran with no trouble.When boat was sold they looked like piles of rust from salt water and leaking hatches,but they still ran good.[cl

nothing like a good cummins!!!! Got a buddy that just got his 98 out of the shop. Had the head reworked, o-ringed, stepped up valve springs, turned up the pump, and.................... compound turbos!!!! He claims that it is making 65lbs of boost!! Have not yet seen it for my own eyes, but he doesn't usually lie about stuff like that. Said he turned it up to 70lbs and the clutch started to slip so he backed it back down.

Very cool !! [cl[cl
Sooo, enlighten me please as I know little about diesels - why does every tweaked diesel belch clouds of smoke like that ?? [S Isn't that just unburnt fuel ?? :confused: - it seems to me like extra horsepower blowing out the exhaust, like a super rich condition...

Very cool !! [cl[cl
Sooo, enlighten me please as I know little about diesels - why does every tweaked diesel belch clouds of smoke like that ?? [S Isn't that just unburnt fuel ?? :confused: - it seems to me like extra horsepower blowing out the exhaust, like a super rich condition...

That because they haven't been Pookied :D

Latest posts

Back