curiosity killin me, bobber trucks using 60's and 70's cabs

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4drcaddy

i was gonna do it, decided not to, but i gotta see for myself. please post up pics of 60's,70's or even 80's cabs being used on bobber trucks.[P

Here's my favorite 60's

Attachments

• 1964 Chevy chopped truck rat rod.jpg
    1964 Chevy chopped truck rat rod.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 149
One of the biggest problems is everyone tries to stick a upright 32 Ford grille shell, etc.on the front of 'em and it looks way out of place. This idea suits the style better.
attachment.php

One of the biggest problems is everyone tries to stick a upright 32 Ford grille shell, etc.on the front of 'em and it looks way out of place.

While I can't view your attachment I do agree that an upright 30s style grill just doesn't fit on anything much after the early 50s. I'm not a big bobber fan but it does get a lot of the larger trucks back on the road that would otherwise wind up going in for scrap. Most of the cabs I've noticed used in builds were off of 1 1/2 ton and 2 ton trucks.

While I can't view your attachment I do agree that an upright 30s style grill just doesn't fit on anything much after the early 50s. I'm not a big bobber fan but it does get a lot of the larger trucks back on the road that would otherwise wind up going in for scrap. Most of the cabs I've noticed used in builds were off of 1 1/2 ton and 2 ton trucks.

That odd you can't see the pics, they are on RRR, I just linked to them. Try the link.

Im just getting started on a '64

I am letting the truck guide me so I dont know exactly how it will turn out.Im still not sure if I will run fenderless up front or not. short wheelbase(104")low riding , engine set back , and not for sure what kind of bed.

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 97
One of the very few later model bobbers i've ever saw that looks cool. Check out his build thread. He put a ton of time and alot of thought into it.

6-1.jpg

I am letting the truck guide me so I dont know exactly how it will turn out.Im still not sure if I will run fenderless up front or not. short wheelbase(104")low riding , engine set back , and not for sure what kind of bed.

Next time you find a nice F-350 like that let me know, I would trade a whole pile of ratrod fodder for that truck.

the pic of the 68-ish ford thatreally looks good does so b/c he narrowed the cab--that is the key to getting the proportions right imo....

as for me and my opinion, as far as years to make bobbers out of, by the time the fenders went "in" and the running boards were eliminated, a bobber just isn't the same...
but opinions are just that...opinions...

i say if you have a late 50's - 60's truck make it "period" maybe old skool slot wheels, maybe high nose gasser style or something...

I'll try to get some pics up soon, trips, snow and COLD have kept me from the garage a bit but what I have isn't a truck but a Corvair thats getting cut down into a truck rat. [S[ddev

that picture is misleading on the f350 . the seams are rotted out in the firewall the floor is shot and the fenders and front were held together with bondo. the frame under the flatbed was rusted out too. I know I don't have to justify my build but indiana trucks aren't always as good as they look.

Dammit!

I was all happy selling parts now i want my doors back lol DSCN0344.JPG

This is one of a series by Thom Taylor where he did a 60's Chev, Ford & Mopar in one of the car mags! This is the Chev version... I love it!!! [dr

BoB

Attachments

• truckster.jpg
    truckster.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Back