custom front wheel wells

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Countryss

Im just starting to put together my 87 monte that i attempted to turn it half rat. My question is i want to put in aluminum wheel wells in the front instead of plastic ones. i dont have access to an english wheel are there any other methods of bending the sheet?? Any manufacturers make cut to fit type?

if it were me i'd just make them flat with maybe a few beads rolled in to them . only one bend. start at the top of fender below the hood ridge go at an angle that looks good and bend it only at the bottom to follow the frame rails. all the other will just be trimming around the core support and fire wall. use some card board to make a template and go to town.

You got pics of this car? Not sure you'll have much luck without an English wheel or something similar. Hammering it would probably stretch it thin and crack it, if it doesn't spring back.

I do have a bead roller. Which im probably gonna use to strengthen the sheet but thats about it. I will try to post some pics of it later on.

Latest posts

Back