custom gas tanks?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flowmaster tech

ok guys here's what im doing im building a tank out of a old co2 tank it holds 13 gallons. have any u guys ever done something like that? i wanna make it look like a ww2 bomb [;)

No disrespect meant...

i dont think it is the wrong forum its going on my rat rod..

I believe that Tired Iron was suggesting that you go to the Question/suggestion section or possibly the welding metal working section or you can use the search and see if there might be some ideas there.... wish I could help you but never tried to build a gas tank out of anything other than a gas tank made for the vehicle... at least not yet.....!!

the side walls of the cylinder look to be about 3/4" thick..i know its way over kill but it was free! ill post some pics tomarow in metal working section of this forum..

Usually the thickness around the threads is really thick but the bottle gets thinner down the sides, and thickens up on the bottom. (Yes I have cut them up)

That bottle should make a fine fuel tank.[;)
Anyone remember the Beer keg fuel tanks?They looked good.
My cousin had one on his 23 T back in early 70`s.
He won a few trophys drag racing that model T at old columbus county dragstrip in Chadbourn N.C. and also kicked a lot of tail with it on streets around myrtle beach,surfside and garden city.
Those were the carefree days.[cl

Latest posts

Back