Custom intake...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70_boosted

im beginning work on my custom intake to house the twin superchargers, etc. where do i need to look as far as flanges for the carb etc. i mean i could build it with a flat top and have the carb opening cut but id prefer welding it all up with an actual 4150 carb flange and such. if anyone personally knows best place to go for those types of parts please chime in. thanks

Never built one, but you might could use and adapter or spacer plate welded to the part your making.

CSR004150C-2-inch-tapered-4150-carb-spacer.jpg

I have no advice other than to say I cant wait to see what you come up with. This project sounds do able and if it works I would like to build a similar set up for my 327 that I plan on building with a 3x2 carb & intake.

well i have the first of the superchargers in, and to start i def mad a BAD choice. should have gone with the ford thunderbird m90 chargers, but i will have to make due with what i received. its just that the gm m90 has an ugly mounting surface, so i will be running the superchargers upside down and having the charge pipe to the carb be facing up.

:mad:more updates when the second one arrives and after i get all metal together.

if anyone comes up with some cool ideas please feel free to post and see if extra ideas can help my mind at ease with trying to get it fabbed

Keep us updated with pics and you might get some great ideas from the brains around here, not me obviously.

I'm having trouble picturing how you are planning to mount your superchargers and carbs [S:confused: - can you do a concept sketch? Or are you planning to mount it all to a production manifold with plumbing going into a pressure box on top of a single carb? Many ways to do it I guess, the more plumbing, the wilder it will look. :cool:

Once I get the second one in the mail ill take some mock photos and see what people have for concepts. I plant the run tubing from the outlet bottom portion and feed it into a seal box/Carb hat for the Carb and the inlet on the back ill have them merge and pull.air thru a large filter piece. Sorry a bit confusing to explain what's running thru my head when I can't give hand gestures as I talk

Latest posts

Back