Damned fire

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Iron

My buddy's house caught on fire.
The fire marshal said it started at the house's central air unit and that it had been wired wrong by the service company three weeks prior :mad:
They went to the lake 45 min before it started :(
The new shop next to the house went up too and inside were these trucks. A 55 Chevy 4x4 ( a friend of his)
His 55 Chevy 2 wheel drive and an old Dodge that was given to him by his dad.
A brand new Harley
A fairly new V twin Honda
Engines, tools hoists, you name it's all a total loss.
The shed behind the house went too with four wheelers lawn mowers etc.
His insurance co said they were not gonna cover the contents of his shop just the shop.

RexfireMedium.jpg

I know what your buddy is going thru, it happened to me some years back. I feel for him having to fight the insurance co. is hell. tell him to talk to the fire marshal and get a lawyer to contact the Co. that wired his AC. it sounds like they are at fault. it will be a long fight it took me 4 years to get any kind of settlement! lesson: make sure anything in your shop or garage is insured. My insurance co. told me I should have had my garage insured as a working shop. GOOD LUCK TO YOUR BUDDY I REALLY AM SAD FOR HIM!

Yea they have contacted a lawyer
The A/C company is definitely at fault here.
My buddy and his wife are fightin mad.
It was all I could do to hold it together for them, when I saw it.
I will mention the insurance commissioner to him, thanks

This really suck and hope the can get something more, but on the bright side they are okay...my family lost 2 great friends in a house fire late March.

That blows. One of my worst fears at my house too. We are pulling for your friends family.

bummer... but at leas they are ok... things can always be replaced

I can only imagine how your friend feels. I lost a house and contents years ago but to lose your shop and all the contents would be terrible.

Got word yesterday, they had an initial conference with a lawyer and when she told him what they were not gonna pay for, his words were Bull Sh**
It seems the company that is responsible for the loss, has been having things like this happen and they slip through the crack every time (lack of evidence)
This fellas wife, has kept every single correspondence with them through email, just what the doctor (lawyer) ordered
I'm keepin my positive thoughts goin cause, I know how these things can go wrong.

we had as amish furnoture store here in omaha went up in flames>
My Brother was working there said an extra service was ran for another ac unit or pop machine or something and the leg was overloaded and kept tripping the breaker. They upped the breaker to one listed for heavier wire than that circuit was made of so it wouldn't keep tripping...

we had as amish furnoture store here in omaha went up in flames>
My Brother was working there said an extra service was ran for another ac unit or pop machine or something and the leg was overloaded and kept tripping the breaker. They upped the breaker to one listed for heavier wire than that circuit was made of so it wouldn't keep tripping...
Torchmann, that's exactly what these tools done [S :confused:

lawyers and paperwork

when dealing with this thru lawyers and insurance companies, have your'e friends keep every thing that is told to them, sent or given to them, get a note pad and start a journal, WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN! if they talk/talked to anyone write down the conversation as best they remember it.

don't throw away any paperwork, even if it seems trivial.

personal experience talking here, when l had to do a lawsuit against a large company, l was amazed and stunned at some of the stuff they/their attorney or my attorney asked for.

Later :cool:

What skull said! ^^^^

They upped the breaker to one listed for heavier wire than that circuit was made of so it wouldn't keep tripping...

Torchmann, that's exactly what these tools done [S :confused:

Not just stupid, it's.....negligent. I would pursue the "contractor" to the extent of the law and failing that, to the ends of the earth. (The term "Lynch Mob" comes to mind). :mad:

On the plus side, a certain GTO wasn't parked in the shop. (That would make me cry.)

So sorry to hear this and best of luck to your friends. Insurance and lawyers make an ugly two-headed monster...

Latest posts

Back