Damned fire

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets lend a hand

Okay how about getting us some info so I or any one else here may give a donation of any kind. Sad to hear about it and I can't even imagaine how hard it is. So on that thought I would like to give a few green backs and see what else i can. Please let them know we are pulling for them.

52 fordman

What skull said! ^^^^

Not just stupid, it's.....negligent. I would pursue the "contractor" to the extent of the law and failing that, to the ends of the earth. (The term "Lynch Mob" comes to mind). :mad:

On the plus side, a certain GTO wasn't parked in the shop. (That would make me cry.)

So sorry to hear this and best of luck to your friends. Insurance and lawyers make an ugly two-headed monster...
Oh my God Doc, I'm glad the same car was not there too :eek:

52 fordman, what would tickle them greatly is to find parts to build back their trucks. Don't even have to be donations just good deals ;)
I've already been searching for parts to help them out [P
Skull, they a meticulous on keeping record of every thing like you suggested ;)
Thanks to all for the responses. I will let them know you all are pulling for them, that makes a lot of difference.
I'll keep this updated as I hear from them.

Ordinarily if you didn't commit a crime, were properly licensed and observed all regulations you can be found financially liable.
If it is found that you were negligent. That you should have known better as a requirement for your being licensed, but did not practice what you knew was proper then you are guilty of negligence>

More simply if I was a 100% legitimate licensed electrician and were to wire your garage to code with UL listed materials and your garage burnt down related to the wiring I could become the target of a lawsuit and the insurance would step in but i could not become incriminated by performing the work
BUT... if in the course of wiring your garage...
I were to cheat and not follow the rules
That is ruled negligence and negligence would allow for criminal charges against me.

Liability within proper practice under regulation is a civil issue
Liability with malpractice in violation of regulation is both a civil and a criminal issue

if it can be proved the licensed electrician did perform the work in an unworkmanlike manner in violation of code or not within design parameters of the materials used. it is deemed the electrician would have had to know better to have gotten the license in the first place and thus willfully disregarded the rules.
Ignorance is no defense for not practicing what is called due diligence.
being a willful negligent act makes the event the result of a crime not an accident

The electrician can be criminally charged for the fire if it can be proved he was negligent.
it all hinges on if he knew better and did not.

one of the reasons I can wire my house or work on my ac... but there ain't no way in hell I'm gonna do yours.

Is there any I can do to help? I will be away from internet access for a week starting at 4pm today -I only have it here at work. I'm on vacation next week-I might check in here though. Let me know-Ba
Thanks all, I'll know more in a few days.
Main thing is 55-56 Chevy truck parts

list it

l put on the local craigslist that l needed parts donated for the street legal race car for cancer research and several really cool people have helped me out.

maybe you're friend could try that for parts or talk to some car clubs in the area and see if they have any ideas that may help.

Later :cool:

That's a damn shame. I hate to see anything like that happen to good people. Everyone should consider fire sprinklers for their home and shop. They work...trust me!

Latest posts

Back