Daughter/Father Nubies!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Bit & Pop

Good Afternoon Everyone! This is Bob. I'll be the "Pop" part of the signature. My daughter is Marha and I thought that I would put our introduction thread together so that we can get started right away. Marha is turning 15 next month and is the youngest of my two daughters. Its time to start looking for a ride for her. When the oldest one (now 24) turned 16, I got her a Fiero and we started SCCA racing. With this one, I'm hoping to interest her in my original favorite of the weekend car shows. We have a car set aside and as soon as I figure out how to set up an album, we'll get some pictures out as we will be looking for ideas from everyone! I want to thank the owner of this site for being so welcoming. I had been looking at some other "rat" sites as rat/hotrod is the direction we're looking to go. Amazing all the rules of what you cant be! Nice to be welcomed here. Watch for the 89 Lincoln thread. We'll need all the help you can offer. :D

Welcome to RRR and congrats on getting the kids interested.. I tried getting my boys interested but all they cared about is where the gas goes and how loud is the stereo..I failed with those two, but I got one more chance to get it right:D

Tim

Welcome to the site for nonconforming gearheads

Happy you guys are on board. Can't think of anything cooler than to see parents and their kids building neat cars.:rolleyes: Have fun and these guys have a wealth of knowledge so ask questions. A build thread would be good so we can stay tuned. Steve

I built cars with both of my daughters and now it's my son's turn. I can't wait to see a build thread! Get to work!!!!!![P

Welcome to the RRR!!!! Both of you!!

It's a great thing that you guys are doing this together....cool....[cl..
Hope you find the right ride....how cool is it that she digs rat rods.!!!!!:D

Welcome to the RRR. Nice to see the family is working together! keep it up![cl

My daughter is 11 now and she has helped me on tons of little projects.
It always is fun to have her in the shop, plus her mom doesn't get so mad at me when she is up there because it is wuality time with the kids. I have a 1988 BMW 325I Conv. that we are going to start on together in a couple years for her. I bought the car and put it storage about 10 years ago, all I do is start it every couple of months to keep it going. Just needs some interior work and we will more than likely throw on a new coat of paint. Anyway, good luck on your lincoln!

Attachments

• kia and car.jpg
    kia and car.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 20
Pop here! I wanted to thank everyone for the welcoming that you have given my daughter and I. We have started a "Build" thread called "1989 Lincoln" With the help of everyone, we have our start plan locked down. The car will be sanded to bare steel and clear coated. The vinyl roof will be removed and the top will be painted gloss black with the hope that it will visually make it appear shorter. We are also going to lightly tint the windows. The rims will be Cragar Delux 69's and painted in gloss black. Beauty rims are a possibility. Finally there may be some pinstriping in a bright neon green and her "Lil Bit" pinstriped on the trunk. Take a look at the other thread for pics of the car and wheel that gave us the sample visual.

Thanks again,
Bob

Latest posts

Back