Days Gone By ....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that's amazing, what a great picture! It'd be cool if that could be printed onto a tin sign, i'd definitely hang one of those on my wall.

-Chris

Wow that's amazing, what a great picture! It'd be cool if that could be printed onto a tin sign, i'd definitely hang one of those on my wall.

-Chris

Thanks Chris for your feedback ....... I am working with some people regarding my work on metal. Haven't seen it yet as they are on the road working shows, but hope to see what it will look like in a month or two.

Life is memories.....

Thanks, Bob.

You do beautiful work. But beyond that, it touches us. You allow us to remember the days gone by. You have a wonderful gift.....thanks for sharing it with us.:)

Lynn:

I wonder if you could get some of your artwork printed onto poster size stuff? Along the lines of the metal sign idea (Post #7). It'd be cool to have a nice poster of a scene like that, and it'd be simpler to do it on paper than metal id assume.

-Chris

I wonder if you could get some of your artwork printed onto poster size stuff? Along the lines of the metal sign idea (Post #7). It'd be cool to have a nice poster of a scene like that, and it'd be simpler to do it on paper than metal id assume.

-Chris

Thanks Chris ...... this is an old photo from the 1950's and is less than 1300 x 1000 pixels.... unfortunately, I don't think it would be able to be enlarged to poster size without pixelating. It's really difficult to find cool photos from past long gone that are hi res or large enough to make poster size prints with.

Thanks Chris ...... this is an old photo from the 1950's and is less than 1300 x 1000 pixels.... unfortunately, I don't think it would be able to be enlarged to poster size without pixelating. It's really difficult to find cool photos from past long gone that are hi res or large enough to make poster size prints with.

Hmmm good point about that didn't even think of it. I know nothing about that kind of stuff. I suppose setting it as the background on my computer will do :D Still very cool artwork tho.

-Chris

Bob,

It appears that your final image has been given some artistic treatments beyond the original photo. I've had some luck doing incremental enlargements (going up 1" in longest dimension at a time in PS CS6, with recommended setting for enlargements) to take 8x12 up to 12x18 in 6 steps with very little pixalization. After they are enlarged I apply processing for a "painted" look, such at Topaz Simplify. The artistic processing typically removes any pixalization issues from the "artistic" version. I don't know if this would work with your images, but it may be worth experimenting to see.

Love your work man!

Mike

Bob,

It appears that your final image has been given some artistic treatments beyond the original photo. I've had some luck doing incremental enlargements (going up 1" in longest dimension at a time in PS CS6, with recommended setting for enlargements) to take 8x12 up to 12x18 in 6 steps with very little pixalization. After they are enlarged I apply processing for a "painted" look, such at Topaz Simplify. The artistic processing typically removes any pixalization issues from the "artistic" version. I don't know if this would work with your images, but it may be worth experimenting to see.

Love your work man!

Mike

Thank you Mike ( and Maverick ) ........ Mike, since all the painting has been done on this, do you think it's possible to enlarge it now? Not sure if I do and then add more painting if it might get a little over-done. I think there are programs out there to enlarge photos without causing problems, but I have never invested in one.

Thank you Mike ( and Maverick ) ........ Mike, since all the painting has been done on this, do you think it's possible to enlarge it now? Not sure if I do and then add more painting if it might get a little over-done. I think there are programs out there to enlarge photos without causing problems, but I have never invested in one.

You can always experiment with a digital copy. Take it up a couple of notches in size, zoom in at 100% or more and look for pixelization. I typically see it begin in areas of sharp contrast, where smooth lines become blocks of pixels. Treat it like the old mechanic's motto: Crank it down until the bolt head snaps and then back it off a 1/4 turn. ;)

You can always experiment with a digital copy. Take it up a couple of notches in size, zoom in at 100% or more and look for pixelization. I typically see it begin in areas of sharp contrast, where smooth lines become blocks of pixels. Treat it like the old mechanic's motto: Crank it down until the bolt head snaps and then back it off a 1/4 turn. ;)

Makes sense ....thanks Mike.

Latest posts

Back