Deal on a Hemi.?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadRATT

I came across a deal on a 241 hemi yesterday.Engine is complete with 2 extra sets of heads.Now I read as much as I could about them and they dont make a LOT of HP,which doesnt bother me.Just to tell poeple.."Yeah,its got a Hemi in it." makes up for so much..LOL.Now with that said,if you had a chance to buy this little gem and maybe store it until you had funds..( Like I ever will..LMAO..) would you..? I read an article that opening the heads is about all you can do to them...BUT carefully..!! Seems a lot of parts can come from smaller cubic Mopar motors..let the suggestions fly..if any...:D

That little Red Ram ain't worth hardly anything. Like I was told before I started my Chysler project. "It would be wise to spend your time and dollars into a more modern powertrain."

Now--

If you are anything like me, You'll go pick up that thing tomorrow..

Another thing I was told (many times) "Ya gonna be dumb, Ya gotta be tough"

PA41 (AKA -- Tough Guy)

Sorry I didn't see your post BadRATT. You probably already know that the Dodge, as in your 241, hemi's are physically the smallest of the three brands of early hemi's. Unless you have your heart set on larger displacement, the 241 will suit your needs and will fit easier than a Chrysler or Desoto. Like frankr, I run a 392 Chrysler in my coupe and have another one that I'm going to use in my upcoming sedan project.

I say pick it up if you can swing it and it's not over priced. I think you'll thank yourself later. You can slowly gather parts until you are ready for a rebuild. An issue to be aware of on the Dodge hemi's is their tendency to crack cranckshaft snouts. Mag the crank before you rebuild and use an aftermarket damper.

Latest posts

Back